Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] F Christian Fischer signs with the Red Wings (1 year, $1.125M)

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
No way hes there longterm but hes 4c atm. Isnt Fischer a winger? Looks like zadina will pay the price

As of now he isn't even under contract.
He's not penciled in as my 4c.
Zadina is already in the press box, we have too many forwards before we signed Fischer without injury.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
pretty full lineup... whos out: Fischer, Veleno, Zadina? Rasmussen becomes the 4C?

Berggren, Sprong, Kostin all in, no?
Ras is too good at wing to waste at 4C. Seems to be job security for Veleno. I'm assuming everyone with waiver exemption is rising buses this fall.

And we'd still have to waive a forward.

Definitely have to waive a goalie.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
As of now he isn't even under contract.
He's not penciled in as my 4c.
Zadina is already in the press box, we have too many forwards before we signed Fischer without injury.
If veleno isn't 4 c than who is? That's why I asked if Fischer was a c cause hes listed as a winger otherwise only other option is kasper or Rasmussen as 4c and both moves would be idiotic

Well zadina in the press box is just a waste and I agree hes a bust but you'd just be further killing his confidence. Move kubalik now rather than the deadline or deal zadina for a 3rd or 4th and be done with it

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If veleno isn't 4 c than who is? That's why I asked if Fischer was a c cause hes listed as a winger otherwise only other option is kasper or Rasmussen as 4c and both moves would be idiotic

Well zadina in the press box is just a waste and I agree hes a bust but you'd just be further killing his confidence. Move kubalik now rather than the deadline or deal zadina for a 3rd or 4th and be done with it
Fabbri can play 4c for all I care. It's not like Veleno's 42.5% on faceoffs last year was helping much. He's a mildly responsible C whose offense hasn't shown anything at the NHL level. I was ready to give him this year to show me something and maybe someone gets hurt and he gets a chance to, but my hopes are pretty low for him bringing much to the team.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Responsible two way guy. Really takes care of the puck but doesn't do much with it. Beloved in the room. Might become more useful with a change of scenery now that his AZ safety net is gone.

Reactions: BSHH

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Responsible two way guy. Really takes care of the puck but doesn't do much with it. Beloved in the room. Might become more useful with a change of scenery now that his AZ safety net is gone.
He is supposedly a consummate teammate, so much so that Craig Morgan of the athletic lamented his fav Yote leaving IIRC. I don't know much about him that way, but this signing makes more sense if that is the case. If he can play something like 30-40 games and contribute to good lockerroom culture, its a fine signing. I don't like how clogged the roster is after basically our best 3-4 forwards where the drop off in talent is noticeable and we have too many similar/ not top 6 quality guys, but we could do a lot worse than adding Fischer for a million bucks.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
pretty full lineup... whos out: Fischer, Veleno, Zadina? Rasmussen becomes the 4C?

Berggren, Sprong, Kostin all in, no?
IMG_5368.jpeg

This appears to be a full team without injuries, but there’s literally no way Fabbri, Larkin, Moose never get hurt next year. Yzerman covering Kasper is not a bad thing, unless you want a 20 year old kid matching up with Thompson, Malkin, Point, and Norris every night because they have no depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad