Proposal: Det / Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Chiarelli doesn’t value offense or scoring. Or talent. Or hockey ability. Grindiness and pugnacity, that’s the ticket.

RNH for Abdelkader is the Chia move you’re looking for.

McDavid for maroon and bortuzzo no givsies backsies.....wait shoot, he's no longer the GM :(

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Care to explain why? Because this is very, very, very, VERY heavily lopsided for DET

My best guess would be that it absolutely kills any depth they have. (Which is why I wouldn't do it either)

Believe it or not if Detroit can add a top end talent or two they actually look to be in pretty good shape. Throw Mantha and AA out of their lineup and they're basically Draisaitl, Larkin, and a whole bunch of trash.

They're likely in a position to get a top 5 pick (Loaded at center) to hopefully be the 1, 2 punch of the future with Larkin, and wont have to give up any assets to do it.

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
My best guess would be that it absolutely kills any depth they have. (Which is why I wouldn't do it either)

Believe it or not if Detroit can add a top end talent or two they actually look to be in pretty good shape. Throw Mantha and AA out of their lineup and they're basically Draisaitl, Larkin, and a whole bunch of trash.

They're likely in a position to get a top 5 pick (Loaded at center) to hopefully be the 1, 2 punch of the future with Larkin, and wont have to give up any assets to do it.

Exactly. Why is Edmonton in trouble right now? They have zero depth. They can barely put together 2 competent forward lines let alone 3 or 4.

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT

My reservations were not really mantha and aa. It is Chowloski, mcisacc, and veleno those are three pretty important prospects at the moment. Not saying it's a bad trade but traded seperately that's like 6 1st round picks in value. Mantha is probably worth almost 2. Aa 1, chowloski 1, mcissac 1, veleno, 1 plus a 2nd.

Let's say Drai is 3. Nurse is 2 Bouchard is 1. That's 6 again.

Not sure why either side would do this but that was my thought process. Detroit also has somewhat better cost control. Edm gets the best player by far and quantity for quality never works.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That's not to say the value doesn't favor Detroit... It just doesn't make sense.

Detroit could be looking at a near future top 9 of:

Zadina - Larkin - Rasmussen
Mantha - 2019 - Bertuzzi
Athanasiou - Veleno - PLUG

Do that trade and they literally have Larkin, Draisaitl, Zadina, 2019's pick, and then the depth goes cliff diving. Lose one or two of those players to injury and you're in the toilet.

Reactions: KJoe88

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
After season draft day trade, Edmonton restocks with some great assets and gains a good 2nd round pick and expanding to a more well rounded team, Detroit gives up quite a bit for much needed quality players in draisaitl and bouchard. both teams keep their 1st round pick in 2019.

Flame away

To Edm

Anthony Mantha RW (3.3 mil) age 24
Andreas Athanasiou LW/RW (3 mil) age 24
Dennis Cholowski LD (894K) age 20
Joseph Veleno C age 19
Jared Mcisaac D age 18
2nd 2019 Det

To Det

Leon Draisaitl (8.5 mil) age 23
Darnell Nurse (3.2 mil) age 23
Evan Bouchard age 19
After season draft day trade, Edmonton restocks with some great assets and gains a good 2nd round pick and expanding to a more well rounded team, Detroit gives up quite a bit for much needed quality players in draisaitl and bouchard. both teams keep their 1st round pick in 2019.

Flame away

To Edm

Anthony Mantha RW (3.3 mil) age 24
Andreas Athanasiou LW/RW (3 mil) age 24
Dennis Cholowski LD (894K) age 20
Joseph Veleno C age 19
Jared Mcisaac D age 18
2nd 2019 Det

To Det

Leon Draisaitl (8.5 mil) age 23
Darnell Nurse (3.2 mil) age 23
Evan Bouchard age 19
4inChwO.gif

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
That's not to say the value doesn't favor Detroit... It just doesn't make sense.

Detroit could be looking at a near future top 9 of:

Zadina - Larkin - Rasmussen
Mantha - 2019 - Bertuzzi
Athanasiou - Veleno - PLUG

Do that trade and they literally have Larkin, Draisaitl, Zadina, 2019's pick, and then the depth goes cliff diving. Lose one or two of those players to injury and you're in the toilet.

That lineup could be sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad