Proposal: DET-EDM

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This would likely be done on Detroit's end during the draft, if they saw a player they liked.

:edmonton

VGK 1st (Probably 27th or lower)
Andreas Athanasiou
DET 2nd (Pick #36)

:wings

EDM 1st

Flame away.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Why not just wait a few more hours so everyone knows where EDM's pick is before making a proposal. The decision to trade down is also something that can generally only be strongly considered on the draft day, when you miss out on certain key guys they wanted is when teams are more inclined to trade down.

I think a more sensible trade can be made just around Athanasiou if you guys are sensing another prolonged contract dispute.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Not trading the 9th overall pick for a soft, unreliable, and defensively irresponsible winger who
a) Has a career ppg of 36p
b) A career high in points of just 33p
c) Is turning 24 in August

I don't care that he's fast. We need to play a faster style, not necessarily have faster players. Id offer a late 2nd/early 3rd + B level prospect for him that's about it.

Replace AA with Mantha and I would consider it a lot more. This is a deep draft a very good player will be there at the Oilers pick who will be cost controlled, something we desperately need as well.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
If Hughes or Boqvist fell to 9 I'd prob do that, otherwise think I pass, bit too much to give to move up 18 or so spots. There's a decent chance the biggest difference between the 9th overall pick and a pick in the late 1st is simply hype.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If Hughes or Boqvist fell to 9 I'd prob do that, otherwise think I pass, bit too much to give to move up 18 or so spots. There's a decent chance the biggest difference between the 9th overall pick and a pick in the late 1st is simply hype.
Why wouldn’t the Oilers just take the dman at #9 then? Makes no sense for Edmonton at all.

Reactions: zar

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Not trading the 9th overall pick for a soft, unreliable, and defensively irresponsible winger who

I don't care that he's fast. We need to play a faster style, not necessarily have faster players. Id offer a late 2nd/early 3rd + B level prospect for him that's about it.

Replace AA with Mantha and I would consider it a lot more. This is a deep draft a very good player will be there at the Oilers pick who will be cost controlled, something we desperately need as well.
Mantha for 9th overall straight up would be fair value. But I don't see why Detroit would do it; Mantha is young. I think Edmonton would happily do that straight up.

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016

That’s a good joke, Mantha...

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Wow, you'd consider Mantha, a 1st and a 2nd for your 1st?

Incredibly hot take. Very groundbreaking.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI

I don't know which of these are more ridiculous, your assessment of AA

Second of all, Mantha along with our first? Haha right.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Essentially three 2nds for 10th. Good value. I'd probably do it. If someone the Oilers valued fell into the late teens, early twenties, they'd have the ammo to trade up.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I don't think it's terrible value, I'm not really sure why Detroit does it but it makes sense to me for Edmonton because it's more pieces for Chiarelli to flip for NHL ready pieces.

I feel like Holland would rather use more picks to rebuild with rather than move up but I think Chia would do it. Except usually he loses trades like this so you're probably overpaying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad