- Riley Sheahan
- Brendan Smith
- 2017 1st

Detroit gets:
- RNH
- Darnell Nurse

Flame away

Not bad. Let we tweak it a bit

Take out RNH , Nurse , Tartar, Smith 2017 1st , Sheahan .

Put in
Larkin , Ference , Fayne, Oilers 3rd in 2017 .

To Edmonton
Dylan Larkin

To Detroit
Andrew Ference (13.548764% retained!!)
Mark Fayne
Oilers 3rd rounder 2017.

Flame Away :nod:

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
We move two valuable piece and get nothing valuable back, EDM doesn't need size any any more
Lucic
Maroon
Kaissan
Puljujarvi
LD
Pouliot
Hendricks
So size is not our problem now

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
We move two valuable piece and get nothing valuable back, EDM doesn't need size any any more
Lucic
Maroon
Kaissan
Puljujarvi
LD
Pouliot
Hendricks
So size is not our problem now

I'm not advocating the deal is fair but how do you realistically think you don't get value back? Yet consider a defenseman prospect to garner more value then the Wings players?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I'm not advocating the deal is fair but how do you realistically think you don't get value back? Yet consider a defenseman prospect to garner more value then the Wings players?

The deal just doesnt address any of Oilers needs. If they are trading Nurse OR RNH it better be for a RHD that can QB a PP.

Nurse is to Oilers on D is what Draisaitl is to Oilers up front. They are both projected to be very good ie untouchables.. In Nurse's case he is projected to be better than Brendan Smith.
With Sekera and Klefbom on the left side the Oilers just dont value Smith the same as some of the other clubs.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

Nobody wants Brendan Smith he is a terrible defenseman. Than you throw in a bottom 6er and a winger we don't need. Why on earth would the Oilers do this? All they are doing is helping Detroit not have to go into a full rebuild.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Damn, that seems like a lot to give up, especially since the Wings' 1st could end up being a lottery pick at this point as far as it seems to me. Granted though, I know nothing about Nurse, so maybe Oiler fans can fill me in how he projects.

That aside, would love RNH on the Wings -- he definitely solves a need for the team with Datsyuk leaving and Zetterberg getting older. Too bad all the Wings have to offer are mostly forwards. Probably don't 'make the best trading partners, unless the Oilers are looking to shake up their forward group.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
The deal just doesnt address any of Oilers needs. If they are trading Nurse OR RNH it better be for a RHD that can QB a PP.

Nurse is to Oilers on D is what Draisaitl is to Oilers up front. They are both projected to be very good ie untouchables.. In Nurse's case he is projected to be better than Brendan Smith.
With Sekera and Klefbom on the left side the Oilers just dont value Smith the same as some of the other clubs.
My point wasn't to address the trade but the outlandish statement that only Nurse + RNH hold value. I agree it doesn't address your needs which is why I didn't advocate the trade.

Nobody wants Brendan Smith he is a terrible defenseman. Than you throw in a bottom 6er and a winger we don't need. Why on earth would the Oilers do this? All they are doing is helping Detroit not have to go into a full rebuild.
I want to keep Brendan Smith and he isn't terrible just utilized in an incorrect manner. My whole point was that Sheahan, Tatar, and Smith hold value (not as much as RNH) but your statement fails to debunct my statement or address it in any manner. We aren't great trading partners as we both need help on the blue line.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Pretty bad for Edmonton. I think Sheahan would be an excellent fit in Edmonton, what is a realistic cost?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Edmonton gets:
- Tomas Tatar
- Riley Sheahan
- Brendan Smith
- 2017 1st

Detroit gets:
- RNH
- Darnell Nurse

Flame away

So the Oilers should send you a good 2nd line center and young d/man with upside for a bunch of pieces they don't need. :laugh: does nothing for the Oilers.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Aside from Edmonton not needing literally any of the pieces they receive, they also get terrible value

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
Not bad. Let we tweak it a bit

Take out RNH , Nurse , Tartar, Smith 2017 1st , Sheahan .

Put in
Larkin , Ference , Fayne, Oilers 3rd in 2017 .

To Edmonton
Dylan Larkin

To Detroit
Andrew Ference (13.548764% retained!!)
Mark Fayne
Oilers 3rd rounder 2017.

Flame Away :nod:

LOL if you think this comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad