Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] Darren Helm (5 years, $3.850M AAV)

grewalwings

May 23, 2014
Ontario
Overpaid by a lot.

I don't feel that he is over paid by "a lot" he plays good pk minutes, is one of the fastest skaters in the game and is a game changer. I would've been fine with 3.5 at 3 years, I just feel those last 2 years will be hell for him. He'll probably get time with Z to add some speed to the line and he is able to play lw,rw, and C which is a + for when we deal with injuries. I assume Kenny doesn't feel comfortable with giving AA big minutes yet, otherwise Helm would've been gone for sure. Or maybe he is seriously interested in giving up Tatar for a dman and kept Helm so he can fill out one of those possible openings. Helm is a good player, only problem I really have with this is the term.

PSGJ

May 19, 2012
Sweden
Abdelkader, Ericsson and now Helm. That's quite a collection of complimentary players that got both too much money and too much term from Holland. Franzéns contract is also bad, but he was at least briefly worth the money.

Starting to feel a lot like Calgary in the last years before the Iginla trade.

Gilhuleh

Sep 24, 2011
Ontario,Canada
Abdelkader, Ericsson and now Helm. That's quite a collection of complimentary players that got both too much money and too much term from Holland. Franzéns contract is also bad, but he was at least briefly worth the money.

Starting to feel a lot like Calgary in the last years before the Iginla trade.

Don't forget Howard. :nod:

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Oh Ken Holland, your loyalty to players is legendary and sickening at the same time.

This is another Holland panic move.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I hate this contract. Didn't want Helm back. He's a 4th line player who thinks he deserves top 6 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad