Pre-Game Talk: Desert Doggie Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Has there been any update on Smith?
Tippett said it was a nagging day to day thing

So not an injury but something Smith thought could get aggravated of he stressed it more.

I'd guess Koskinen for this one but Smith the next for Vegas

Reactions: yukoner88

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Tippett said it was a nagging day to day thing

So not an injury but something Smith thought could get aggravated of he stressed it more.

I'd guess Koskinen for this one but Smith the next for Vegas

Or maybe just do Kosk the next 2 games as Oilers are then off till Wednesday and gives Smith more time to heal? If Smith is good to go against Vegas then do it.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Probably Turris. If he gets claimed we gain useful cap space which is also why he's likely not to get claimed.

Turris was already waived and cleared so he could be sent out without issue. McLeod just didn't earn the spot this year which is why they sent him instead of Turris. He'll be back though, hopefully after lighting up Bakersfield for a few games/weeks.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm with you, up until giving Barrie the night off. Bust him down to the 3rd pair for a few games before giving him the scratch. He took awhile to get going last year as well. I don't like it, but I question if a full on scratch is the best solution. Giving Yamamoto and Turris the night off is fine with me, even though Turris has been better than I thought he might be.
I mean Barrie's in the league for a long time, you don't have to "learn him" by putting him on the 3rd pair, a night off seems better it he short term.

As for Turris, it's more about getting a look at Benson and then you have Turris fresh on the back to back.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I think they've all never scored a goal before.

Seriously though, Conor Timmins has 0 goals in 36 games played, Victor Soderstrom has 1 career goal (7 games), Liam O'Brien has 1 career goal in 30 games (7 years ago next week), and Ilya Lyubushkin has 1 career goal in 137 games. Antoine Roussel only had 1 goal all of last year, as did Beagle and Eriksson had zero last year in limited games . Travis Boyd had 5 of his 10 points against Edmonton last year and the only 2 goals scored in his last 27 games were against Edmonton.

Lots of candidates there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I’d keep the same D pairings, bench Turris, move Yamamoto to the 4th line and give Benson a shot in the top 6.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I feel like Arizona is such a bad team that we will struggle against them. 3-2 Desert Dogs

OilersCoffeeArtBeer

Jun 7, 2021
Seattle
I would go and change the lines to an extreme level!!!! Extreme!!!!!

Scissor guy - Mcdazzle - panini
Foegele - Draisaitl - puljujarvi
Bender - nugget - kassblaster
Shallow water - golden bear - yamtaro the hamster

gifted genetic super freak - old man
Another old man - ce ce senior
That guy that burnt us in the play in - Barrie

Kostalot

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
View attachment 472469 View attachment 472470 View attachment 472471 View attachment 472472 View attachment 472473

Zero excuse not to beat the Desert Dogs tomorrow night. A team that might be one of the worst ever put on ice.
DED283EB-5AD7-4D82-97CC-D4099E5BA693.jpeg
FAB02D87-D763-4F92-B625-9BA06F477F8A.jpeg

not stealing your thunder, I just had to add a few funnies from far Side

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Brian Lawton is saying he wants to see more from Ceci and Keith. Does he watch the games?
He's not technically wrong, just logically wrong. If they were going to be bad, they would have shown it with more consistency already, imo.

They will have ups and downs, but they're a solid 2nd pair for this team. Both veterans who have poise and understand the NHL.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Barring injuries I suspect we go with the same lineup we did last night. It's the free space on the bingo card and Tippett can see if his lines he likes can get anything done against the Yotes. If it can't then he will be forced to make changes.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Barring injuries I suspect we go with the same lineup we did last night. It's the free space on the bingo card and Tippett can see if his lines he likes can get anything done against the Yotes. If it can't then he will be forced to make changes.

But it would also be a good way to test new lines and have them gain some chemistry before Vegas. Could go either way.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
But it would also be a good way to test new lines and have them gain some chemistry before Vegas. Could go either way.
I have my doubts that Tippett is going to scratch the lines he has planned after 3 games and going 3-0.

Now maybe he goes to his away lines that has been rumored, but I don't expect drastic changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad