Recalled/Assigned: Derrick Pouliot sent back to WBS

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Mama no!!!

gE0n0jS.gif

Well, better he gets minutes than rotating into the line-up. I guess Bortuzzo won't be sitting to calm his ass down any time soon.

Michael8771*

If he's not gonna play here what other choice is there? He needs to play. I'm sure WB is thrilled to get their leading scorer back.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm glad he is sent back. As excited as I am about his future, his defense is not NHL ready. We could be just fine with him on a 3rd pairing, but I'd much rather him play 20+ a night for WBS and come into training camp next ready to take a permanent spot.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
It's good that he got a few games but the kid needs to work on some things. Great chance for him to do that down in WBS and come back up a better player as a result of it down the road.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I'm glad he is sent back. As excited as I am about his future, his defense is not NHL ready. We could be just fine with him on a 3rd pairing, but I'd much rather him play 20+ a night for WBS and come into training camp next ready to take a permanent spot.

I agree.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Yeah, why let him lose his confidence when he is tearing up the AHL.

He obviously needs to concentrate on playing like an NHL defenseman. I wouldn't be surprised if next year he's seeing limited time also. We have the depth on defense, if we aren't going to trade any of them, let them develop in the AHL and in 3rd line minutes. Despres, Martin, Letang, and Ehrhoff should all be playing over DP. Bortuzzo brings size even though he is a mess sometimes. Scuderi is better defensively, somehow.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
About time. I'm not sure why they took their sweet time sending him back. I know they are big fans and I agree that he showed a lot of (mostly offensive) promise. But I think he needs to go back in the oven for a while. I would argue that he isn't even ready for a sheltered/specialty role in the NHL, yet... unless the injury situation is dire.

In short... the people that say he probably has another year or even two are looking pretty much spot on.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
just gonna sit here twiddling my thumbs hoping for a scuderi injury i guess

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
So does that leave just 6 healthy Defencemen on the roster? I wonder if someone else gets called back up as an insurance policy for tomorrow. You'd think they'd want to have one spare body. DP needs to be playing, no issue with him going back down.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
So does that leave just 6 healthy Defencemen on the roster? I wonder if someone else gets called back up as an insurance policy for tomorrow. You'd think they'd want to have one spare body. DP needs to be playing, no issue with him going back down.

Sounds like they're confident that Letang's maintenance day is just a maintenance day. Plus it is a home game.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
If someone's going to ride the pine, I'd rather it was Chorney, myself.

I would agree. His game is actually pretty safe for a 7th dman anyways, moreso than a spot start for any of the young guys, and his cap hit is better than Dumo or Pouliot's.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
One does not simply draft young PMD defensemen and let them actually play in the NHL
readImage

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
just gonna sit here twiddling my thumbs hoping for a scuderi injury i guess

You do understand that means we're stuck with him? No chance at a trade or anything. There is no reason he shouldn't be sat here or there since he is getting up there in age.

That's a coaching decision. With the wealth of D-men there's really no reason not to rest him every 7/8 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad