Prospect Info: Derrick Pouliot | Defenseman | Portland (WHL) | 1st Round, 8th overall

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Care to explain?

Morrow wasn't an overager. Morrow did not play with Pouliot (regularly). Pouliot hasn't led the WHL im scoring at any point, Kichton has. Rutkowski is not better than or equal to Pouliot offensively (if that's what you're inferring with the annoying "just sayin'" comment.)

Also why did you post that verbatim in two different threads? Was it just too good to be limited to just one?

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Morrow wasn't an overager. Morrow did not play with Pouliot (regularly). Pouliot hasn't led the WHL im scoring at any point, Kichton has. Rutkowski is not better than or equal to Pouliot offensively (if that's what you're inferring with the annoying "just sayin'" comment.)

Also why did you post that verbatim in two different threads? Was it just too good to be limited to just one?

I won't even bother arguing with you. Given your immature reply, it'll just be a huge waste of my time.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Pouliot isn't an intimidating defenseman, but there's no denying his strength, especially lower body.

I'll stick with my Brian Campbell comparison.

IIRC there hasn't been a fight I've seen that DePo didn't look strong on his skates and was able to handle the task.

Campbell might not be far off but DP is built more stalky. He is really stumpy looking when u see him play live.

It's nice to see him scrap tho. He can hang in a lot of tilts based on his low centre of gravity. Kinda like Crosby.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Seriously man, don't you have better thing to do with your time?

People usually respect when you can own up to an obvious mistake. Everyone makes them, and they're not damning. It's when the smokescreens and deflections start up that people want to pin you down.

Just throwing that out there.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
People usually respect when you can own up to an obvious mistake. Everyone makes them, and they're not damning. It's when the smokescreens and deflections start up that people want to pin you down.

Just throwing that out there.

I always man up to my mistakes but when somebody calls my comment "annoying", I won't tolerate it nor waste my time with them either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad