Signing(s): Derrick Henry signs with the Ravens (2 years, $16 million)

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Is it?

How much gas is there left

the guy played the entire season with 8 men boxes because tenesse since aj brown is out having no other weapon.

Derrick Henry yards by rush after contact :
2023: 3.3 (8th)
2022: 3.6 (4th)
2021: 3.3 (9th)
2020: 3.9 (2nd)

Titans yards by rush before contact :
2023: 0.9 (30th)
2022: 1.0 (30th)
2021: 1.3 (18th)
2020: 1.5 (13th)

just having a better team around and you will see Henry coming back strong

Reactions: Terry Yake

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
thought he'd end up in Dallas.

Maybe John will "run the ball" now.
I saw where the Ravens had a deal in place with the Titans at the deadline, but Titans ownership vetoed it.

Makes me wonder if the Chiefs/Ravens game could have had a different outcome.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
On paper it's good but he's showing signs of wear and tear so we'll see how productive he is.

max speed last season 18th ( 2nd best of his carreer) dont lost speed

yards after contact 2nd, still extremely physical and hard to tackle.

breakaway( running from defenders) 6th

#2 in total yards despite he played all year long on 8 men boxes.

He didn't showed any signs of it...

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
max speed last season 18th ( 2nd best of his carreer) dont lost speed

yards after contact 2nd, still extremely physical and hard to tackle.

breakaway( running from defenders) 6th

#2 in total yards despite he played all year long on 8 men boxes.

He didn't showed any signs of it...
I'm not talking about on field stuff. He's a beast when he plays. I just mean RB's are generally a time bomb around age 30, especially physical ones and eventually little nagging injuries start to happen due to the amount of punishment they take. He's played a ton between the the NFL and college.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm not talking about on field stuff. He's a beast when he plays. I just mean RB's are generally a time bomb around age 30, especially physical ones and eventually little nagging injuries start to happen due to the amount of punishment they take. He's played a ton between the the NFL and college.
It's a 1 year deal in reality for $9 mill. For that amount and term, take a shot. Without a legit pass catching threat the Titans O took a dip after they traded AJ Brown the past 2 seasons.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
but you said it, hes a beast... they're always exception to the rules and Henry having everything to be this exception

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
but you said it, hes a beast... they're always exception to the rules and Henry having everything to be this exception
I'm just always skeptical at times as to why a team wants to move on. I hope it works though, I like the Ravens in the AFC.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm just always skeptical at times as to why a team wants to move on. I hope it works though, I like the Ravens in the AFC.
Well, Henry's contract did expire. So to keep him in Ten they would need to franchise him. Guess they didn't want him back for the $12 mill (not sure the exact number of his tag), that they would have needed to offer him. New HC, so maybe that's why it's easier for them to move on from him.

With any new regime, expect some changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad