Signing(s): Derrick Henry signs with the Ravens (2 years, $16 million)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Feels like the perfect fit. You have the big pounder between the tackles and Lamar's speed to get to the outside.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I have my doubts regarding the Ravens, but if Henry has any dominant play left in him then that's one helluva add to Baltimore's chances at dethroning the Chiefs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I have my doubts regarding the Ravens, but if Henry has any dominant play left in him then that's one helluva add to Baltimore's chances at dethroning the Chiefs.
2 seasons without AJ Brown and Tanny declining you could stuff the box against Tenn. With Baltimore and Andrews/Flowers/Bateman they have more weapons and a QB who can threaten with his legs as well. Offense won't run through Henry. He won't need to get 25 touches a game. Probably will average in the high teens in touches (17-19). But, something about Balt and their injuries would be a bit concerning.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There’s plenty of gas left for Henry, heck even 800-900 yards on the ground this upcoming year would be fine.
He's not expected to compete for the rushing title. But, 1000 yards in 17 games is like 60 per game.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
It's a win just as long as they have someone other than Henry and Jackson running the ball.

Baltimore has everything to make the Super Bowl. Just have to put it together.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It's a win just as long as they have someone other than Henry and Jackson running the ball.

Baltimore has everything to make the Super Bowl. Just have to put it together.

And not solely put all the weight in Lamar’s shoulders. That AFC Championship game was just a farce on their part, stupid penalties and stupid play calling.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Henry is not going to be a feature back. He'll be a great goal line battering ram for sure. They love Keaton Mitchell, though. However, he has to be able to stay on the field. Also Justice Hill is still there.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad