Derek Stepan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskers*

How come we don't talk about the importance of this kid on this team? He had been unreal since returning from that broken leg. I love watching this kid play in his own end, he is so good. I'm not a contract guy but will Sather try to sign Stepan before the year ends? Will it cost Sather more to wait?

Whiskers*

Dactyl, he's a number two center that puts up #1 numbers. You must be drinking again if you think that?. Behind Hank and this year Nash.he is the next most important player we have. He has calmed everything down since his return with his play. The PP is much better, they are a much better 5 on 5 team, and as Brooksies article said yesterday, he is a great leader in that locker room.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Dactyl, he's a number two center that puts up #1 numbers. You must be drinking again if you think that?. Behind Hank and this year Nash.he is the next most important player we have. He has calmed everything down since his return with his play. The PP is much better, they are a much better 5 on 5 team, and as Brooksies article said yesterday, he is a great leader in that locker room.

Obvious sarcasm was obvious.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Kirill Petrov>>>>>>>Stepan AINEC. **** you Glenn

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's so much more noticeable this year. His defense is even better and his possession game took a few strides forward since we last saw him. If he does those things, a good amount of points will follow.

I still say his skill isn't what you find in most #1 centers. His offense is more quiet. It's based on positioning and smarts. He's not gonna just embarrass a goalie the way Brassard did when he sniped Fleury a couple of weeks ago.

That being said, he's starting to remind me of a Bergeron mold -albeit less skilled- in that he can do everything he's asked and plays multiple roles for this team. And don't get me wrong, he has enough skill to score 60 points with his brains.

Brassard with his flash and aggression is a perfect compliment. This is the best shape we've been in at 1C and 2C in a very, very long time.

Quinn Coin

Dec 28, 2010
New York
It's Glee you scrub,

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=58&year=2008
ScreenShot2014-11-22at94807AM_zps71b9d561.png

The dude just likes high schoolers who spontaneously break out into song.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
On the second goal against Philly, when Stepan passed that to MSL instead of shooting it, I was ready to kill him. That would be something he does. Turned out to be a brilliant play though. He seems a tad more decisive than he was last year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Can't skate that well and is small in size.

But he's the most complete forward on the team.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I don't understand where him being small comes from anymore

He's not big but he's 6 foot 195 and doesnt exactly look small on the ice

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He also wins a fair amount of board battles.

His skating isn't great but it's hardly a real negative.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Gotta trade him for major winfall profit. Maybe Stepan++++small add+deadweight for Johansen. We need more horses.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Brassard with his flash and aggression is a perfect compliment. This is the best shape we've been in at 1C and 2C in a very, very long time.

3C is looking good also with Hayes. Nice to have some real size in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad