Player Discussion Derek Grant

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffaloSabres - GOAL! @NickBaptiste scores off a perfect pass from @DGrant57. He was all alone in front. 1-1 with 1:03 left in the 2nd.
GOAL! @DGrant57 is fed by @NickBaptiste in front & he makes no mistake with 4:41 left in the 3rd. 2-2.

@JoeYerdon - Jake McCabe ends it after a sweet move and feed from Grant. Sabres take it 3-2.

Last edited:

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
He was probably the best callup last year for Calgary, and this kid had 27 goals in 36 AHL games last year. Late bloomer?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffNewsVogl - "It’s not a long opportunity, so you’ve got to take advantage of the chances you get. It’s a little bit of confidence going forward.
I’m just trying to come in here every day and work and try to prove that I can be here.” - Sabres' Derek Grant (three points) on camp so far.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Grant's scoring was certainly impressive last year. Not only did he score a lot but it came without high-scoring teammates. He was the only player on stockton above 1 ppg, and the only person who scored more than him, played twice as many games.

Even though he hasn't netted many points in his callup appearances, he's generated a good amount of scoring chances according to corsica.com

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Even though he hasn't netted many points in his callup appearances, he's generated a good amount of scoring chances according to corsica.com
What more can you ask from a 4C? Keep the puck away from your own net, wear down the opponets D, score when you can.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I only watched the first period, had no idea who he was but 27 certainly jumped out at me. At, first I thought it was Schaller and couldn't believe how much better he looked. We will see how the rest of training camp goes.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Couldn't really watch the game last night but I did glance at a stream for a couple minutes when the sabres were short handed and grant made something happen to generate a short handed scoring opportunity. Then afterwards I see he was involved in all 3 sabres goals. The whole time I'm like who's this Grant guy.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I missed the game tonight. How did Grant look?

Still on track to snag a spot on the 4th line?

I missed the first period, but in the last couple, he made some strong plays on both sides of the puck. He even drew the attention of Emerick and McGuire. Fasching also looked good, but he'd be well served to play top-six minutes in Rochester until an injury forces his recall. I'd say the 13th F spot is Grants to lose.

JOVIS*

another great game for Grant! 30 goals scorer this year...!?

UFA after the season :shakehead GMTM better work on a contract extension and maybe even protect him from Vegas :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad