Confirmed with Link: Derek Dorsett to Vancouver for ANA 3rd '14

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Dorsett traded for 3rd round pick.

“@TSNBobMcKenzie: VAN trades 3rd round pick acquired in Kesler deal to NYR for Derek Dorsett. So add Dorsett to VAN's return on Kesler.â€

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYP_Brooksie: Rangers have traded winger Derek Dorsett to Vancouver for a third-round pick”

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Frees up some $$$ does this mean Carcillo has a shot to be resigned or more likely promote from within or free agency.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: VAN trades 3rd round pick acquired in Kesler deal to NYR for Derek Dorsett. So add Dorsett to VAN's return on Kesler.â€

Saw this trade coming. Been spouting a Dorsett trade for months.

Good guy and role player, was hoping for a 2nd rounder, but given the impact on the cap the Rangers get with this deal a 3rd is good value.

Rangers get cap relief, gain a pick, and get to upgrade their roster.

BarbaraAlphanse

WOW. Great value for Dorsett. I thought he'd net us a 5th.

Championship*

Liked Dorse. Rangers best 4th line in years is essentially gone right now. Please re-sign Dom.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
$1,633,333 is too much for a 4th liner. Dorsett wasn't used on the PK after returning from the broken leg. Too much money.

Teams inquired about Dorsett at the trade deadline.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
Dorsett finally played like he was hyped up to be towards the end of the season, but 1.6m is way too much to spend on a 4th liner who shouldn't be a main option on the PK.

Good asset management (for once).

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: Derek Dorsett is getting married tomorrow, but not as a Ranger. As a Canuck”

Ouch...

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
That is about what I thought his value was at. They must have other ideas or they like Bourque.

My guess is some versatility gets added into that slot. Could be anyone from a Joe Vitale, Steve Bernier, or Jesper Fast. I welcome the upgrade. No point in having a guy that is going to lose momentum if he drops the mitts.

Salary relief is a huge plus for a 3rd round pick for a player that can be upgraded on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad