Movies: Denzel vs Hanks

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Wife made me watch "Davinci Code" last night for some ungodly reason. Should've made the title "Tom Hanks is Bored with a Cold"

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I gotta give a tip of the hat to Training Day here. I've not seen a Hanks performance as good as that one. Certainly Washington has the juicy, swaggering lines (in a not-great movie) but I think he gives a fantastic performance in that one, second only to Plot Armor's.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
At the end of the day I remember more Denzel roles than Tom Hanks. And while I thought Forrest Gump just wasn't a good movie and at times obnoxious, I think movies like Man on Fire fly too under the radar in this thread where there is a strong amount of emotion mixed with a strong, brutal action lead.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I think Hanks body of Castaway, Sully, Saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump , the Green Mile, Apollo 13 and Captain Phillips kinda blows Denzel out of the water. Also his SNL appearance was amazing. Denzel has training day and then a lot of average movies.
Philadelphia was cool with both of them in it touching a very uncomfortable subject at that time.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Denzel has been great in a few movies for sure,

Glory
The Pelican Brief
Philadelphia
Remember the Titians
The Hurricane
American Gangster

looking up his list, looks like i haven't seen a number of his movies.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Denzel has been great in a few movies for sure,

Glory
The Pelican Brief
Philadelphia
Remember the Titians
The Hurricane
American Gangster

looking up his list, looks like i haven't seen a number of his movies.

Crimson Tide is my favourite. He and Hackman are two of my favourites of all time.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad