WJC: Denmark 2019 Roster Talk

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
For Denmark in the Olympics i'd wish they let NHLers back in so that Freddy Andersen can steal a game for them & they got a few NHL forwards like Ehlers, Nielsen, Boedker, Eller & Bjorkstrand.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
They failed to qualify for the last Olympic games although icing an almost full roster with all NHL-players. ;)

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
According to hockeyprospect Sogaard is supposed to be a 1rd pick, certainly hasn't looked like one.

Joel

Dec 31, 2018
According to hockeyprospect Sogaard is supposed to be a 1rd pick, certainly hasn't looked like one.

Well he has good numbers in WHL so probably that's why? How are you even supposed to look good when you are playing behind this god awful team Denmark has this year.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
Well he has good numbers in WHL so probably that's why? How are you even supposed to look good when you are playing behind this god awful team Denmark has this year.

By saving a fair amout of shots is how.

I guess you haven't been watching the games, or perhaps just don't know how to watch them to judge this guy. There were at least four or five soft goals in the Canada game and at least two or three soft goals against Swiss and Czechs.

He can't make up for all of them by making that one soccer goalie save against the Czechs since it was mostly a save because the Czech attacker simply was too slow to get his shot off.

I don't see an NHL team pick Sogaard in the first round after this. Even if he was the best goalie ever, he could not have won the game against Canada, but if he was a true first rounder he sure could make a handful of those pucks not go in.

His WHL-stats will get him drafted high if he keeps it up, no doubt, but not as a first rounder. These championships sent him down a couple of rounds.

But please also notice that not everyone agreed with the first rounder position in the first place. I personally only saw him on one list in top-31. Obviously I haven't seen every list in the world, but I did see some 6-7 other lists without Sogaard in the first round. Perhaps hockeyprospects.com is just not particularly good at this? According to their website they only have one guy covering the entire WHL for the NHL draft, so maybe it's just a guy looking at stats, not so much how good the players actually are? I don't know?

With this said and done I actually think he will do well in the relegation games against the Kazakhs. Then we will see what happens when he reverts to Medicine Hat.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
By saving a fair amout of shots is how.

I guess you haven't been watching the games, or perhaps just don't know how to watch them to judge this guy. There were at least four or five soft goals in the Canada game and at least two or three soft goals against Swiss and Czechs.

He can't make up for all of them by making that one soccer goalie save against the Czechs since it was mostly a save because the Czech attacker simply was too slow to get his shot off.

I don't see an NHL team pick Sogaard in the first round after this. Even if he was the best goalie ever, he could not have won the game against Canada, but if he was a true first rounder he sure could make a handful of those pucks not go in.

His WHL-stats will get him drafted high if he keeps it up, no doubt, but not as a first rounder. These championships sent him down a couple of rounds.

But please also notice that not everyone agreed with the first rounder position in the first place. I personally only saw him on one list in top-31. Obviously I haven't seen every list in the world, but I did see some 6-7 other lists without Sogaard in the first round. Perhaps hockeyprospects.com is just not particularly good at this? According to their website they only have one guy covering the entire WHL for the NHL draft, so maybe it's just a guy looking at stats, not so much how good the players actually are? I don't know?

With this said and done I actually think he will do well in the relegation games against the Kazakhs. Then we will see what happens when he reverts to Medicine Hat.

HP is the only place I've seen him as a 1rd pick.

Reactions: Vandalay Industries

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
HP is the only place I've seen him as a 1rd pick.

I just spent the past hour browsing through some 20 relatively serious and a few unserious lists as well, and I still can't find him on any other 1st round lists. And they were all before this Championship, and I honestly doubt that anyone has raised their expectations to him so far this tourney.

Most lists only contain 31 players, but on the ones that go deeper in the draft he seems to show up in round three to six, which I also find pretty realistic so far. But of course, let's just watch the rest of the season unfold before coming down to the final judgement. It seems that his stats so far in the WHL is probably a bit of a fluke, but if he can keep the stats up for the rest of the WHL season, I will start watching out for him after pick #45.

If his stats drop of slightly in the other half of the WHL season, let's say down to .910-.915 I'd say he still has a chance to go from round 4 and down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad