Player Discussion Denis Gurianov - "Change of scenery edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
If you're going to give a former first rounder a chance, he's definitely the type you want to try with. Lots of tools to work with, from the puck skills to the size, skating, etc. Lets see if MSL and co. can make something out of him or if he's simply beyond hope.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Has the tools... lets see about the toolbox.
It's apparently very empty...from Dallas clips, I'll put him at Anderson's level IQ-wise.

And it's possible the Dallas (new) coach had complicated systems he didn't adjust to well to. He might look better playing pond hockey with the Habs .or look even more lost.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I see him as a mixture of Emil Heineman and Josh Anderson. Actually, right in the middle of the two, at least until we see what Heineman can do at the NHL level. That's really not a bad place to be. I want to see all three guys in Montreal next year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm very optimist about him. I think he can surprise people and become a really good player for Habs. If he have the chance to play more minute, that's going to be fun to watch.

This guy have tools, needed a change of scenary !
I like your thread title!!

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
His top ceiling is literally Armia and Armia is on our 4th line.
I don'T have any expectation for him , perhaps score a goal to make the media wet and talk about him for 3 more weeks.

We need to get rid of contracts at the end of the season and he will be in the box with others.
Been through this this morning and it's the same answer, no.

Reactions: Tyson and jaffy27

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Admittedly I'm not super optimistic about him turning it around even though he for sure still can. That said I'm all for giving him a proper opportunity which is why I really like is the practice lines I saw where Gurianov was alongside Suzuki. Hopefully there's instant chemistry but if not I'm hoping they will be given lots of time to try and figure it out. Because that's how you put a guy in a position to succeed.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
His top ceiling is literally Armia and Armia is on our 4th line.
I don'T have any expectation for him , perhaps score a goal to make the media wet and talk about him for 3 more weeks.

We need to get rid of contracts at the end of the season and he will be in the box with others.
He's already had a more productive season than Armia has ever had - 20 goals in 64 games and then 9 goals in 27 playoff games.

So not sure how his potential is Armia when he's still young and has already had a season surpassing what Armia has ever done. The hope is that his potential is to get back to what he's already done - or better the trajectory that he was on to go higher than what he's already done, since he had that good season when he was 22, and then followed it up at 23 years old by scoring at a rate over 82 games of greater than 40 points.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
He's already had a more productive season than Armia has ever had - 20 goals in 64 games and then 9 goals in 27 playoff games.

So not sure how his potential is Armia when he's still young and has already had a season surpassing what Armia has ever done. The hope is that his potential is to get back to what he's already done - or better the trajectory that he was on to go higher than what he's already done, since he had that good season when he was 22, and then followed it up at 23 years old by scoring at a rate over 82 games of greater than 40 points.
Easy answer, it's not.

• Haha
Reactions: Dutronc and 26Mats

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I remember a couple of years ago seeing him and being very impressed and I'm not easily impressed. He's big fast and has a wicked shot. He looked really good and those skills don't typically disappear unless there's some kind of "mind" problems. Let's hope not, maybe he just needs a guy like st. louis. He seems to have empathy with players and I think that's needed with the young players these days. It's not like the old days when the players were all big and tuff. They seem more sensitive now. Maybe he just needs a cuddle.
and he's nothing like armia ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad