GDT: DEN vs. SUI May 18, 2024

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Closer to playoffs, top teams are getting into shape, so not much of a chance for underdogs

Reactions: Summer Rose

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Still not sure if forcing your top players this much is a smart move. You can argue that they are used to it. But it has already been a long season for them so far. And now they are facing many games in a short time. So you want to have them that extra amount of gas in the tank when you face acutal top teams in the knockout stage.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Still not sure if forcing your top players this much is a smart move. You can argue that they are used to it. But it has already been a long season for them so far. And now they are facing many games in a short time. So you want to have them that extra amount of gas in the tank when you face acutal top teams in the knockout stage you want them to have that extra amount of gas in the tank.
Josi played less than 8 minutes in the first period, that's 22 minutes. That's ok I guess.

Stupid penalty from Thürkauf who doesn't have a good tournament so far.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Josi played less than 8 minutes in the first period, that's 22 minutes. That's ok I guess.

Stupid penalty from Thürkauf who doesn't have a good tournament so far.
Ok i didnt acutally look at the TOI. It felt like more because he was so notable. Still I think Fischer has worked him to much in some of the earlier games.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I think Switzerland is the #1 favorite to win the Gold; best roster, plays like one, good coaching, good special teams, good system
Way to early to say that. Switzerland has been anointed as favourite a few times in the past only to fail miserably in the quarters. The high end skill is definitely there but the team insnt that deep. If the top line is shut down, I dont think that the other lines can get the job done. I still think Canada, Sweden or the US are more likely to win it. And I have zero confidence in Fischers ability to change the tactical approach of the team if the knockout games are not going according to plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad