GDT: DEN vs. CAN May 12, 2024

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Finland vs GB today?

Let me get this straight - you’re bragging about running up the score against a promoted team in the round robin portion of the tournament?

00346DD9-16C4-482E-B38F-75D5D792FB8B.gif

You really are new to the World Championships.

A6731C8F-AA10-4FE2-ACA9-3BE265EB8D68.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: maclean and jj cale

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What did Canada do against them?

They won the game.

Didn’t Finland lose to the Czechs? And failed to score a single goal?

Notice I didn’t pop into the Finland thread to mention it because as long as you qualify for the medal round, it doesn’t matter.

I’ve been watching Canada at this tournament since 1986 and I’ve learned that the early results mean nothing.

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
IMO it's pretty unprofessional to invite and announce these players and then send them home after. It would be good for their development too. I mean Tavares ain't gonna be playing for any major tournaments for Canada in the future, whereas Celebrini and Fantilli might.
They didn't have to go home, it was their choice.

Reactions: Summer Rose

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Canada plays these round robin games like they are exhibition games or tune-ups for the playoff round, they barely broke a sweat against GB and Denmark. There is no way they were anywhere near playing at their top level.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
For everybody surprised or even upset that Canada didn't beat Denmark 10-0 or similar: It was obvious throughout the entire game that Canada had better players, with higher level of individual skill. Canada was pretty much in control of the game. I am sure that even if Denmark did score the 2-2 equalizer, Canada would simply turn up the pace and respond with a goal or two quite quickly.

At the same time, everybody should see that Denmark's players are no beer league guys. They are very solid full professional hockey players with plenty of experience from both quality European and NA leagues. They know how to play the game, and no team in the world would easily beat them 10-0 at a warm-up pace. Even a team like Canada had to put some serious effort into the game, although certainly not the maximum effort they are capable of.

Of course Canada will play better against stronger teams, but one shouldn't underestimate Denmark either.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
For everybody surprised or even upset that Canada didn't beat Denmark 10-0 or similar: It was obvious throughout the entire game that Canada had better players, with higher level of individual skill. Canada was pretty much in control of the game. I am sure that even if Denmark did score the 2-2 equalizer, Canada would simply turn up the pace and respond with a goal or two quite quickly.

At the same time, everybody should see that Denmark's players are no beer league guys. They are very solid full professional hockey players with plenty of experience from both quality European and NA leagues. They know how to play the game, and no team in the world would easily beat them 10-0 at a warm-up pace. Even a team like Canada had to put some serious effort into the game, although certainly not the maximum effort they are capable of.

Of course Canada will play better against stronger teams, but one shouldn't underestimate Denmark either.
Considering the talent the Danes are missing, I thought they played well.

FriarChill

Jan 31, 2023
Vienna
Nothing to worry about. 2 games, 2 wins. Always better to play CAN early in those tournaments. Once they find some chemistry they are very hard to beat.

Next game against my austrians will be a confidence booster for a lot of players too lol
Sorry guys, i probably jinxed it. Man, that 3rd period was a lot of fun for us austrians. Never seen something like that before from an austrian national team.

This might be a nice wake up call though. Some adversity in the early stages probably helps CAN in the long run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad