Demko injured and potentially out for rest of series UPDATE: Demko is done?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Nashville over Vancouver was already my big upset pick heading into the playoffs. This just makes me even more confident that it will happen.
Not an upset if the other team had big injuries and one to their best player. Thats like saying oilers losing without Mcjesus against LA is an upset. But its not since its not thr same team. Those are facts not excuses

So, the playoffs.
Basically he will be out til next season. Canucks should just put silovs in and see what they have

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Not totally his fault.

But this guy always seems to be injured.
Canucks need a 1A and AB tandem like Boston. Demko just cant handle starter load, always gets injured in regular season. Only time he was healthy was when Markstrom was still with Canucks. Canucks should get Markstrom again and havr him and Demko share duties. Am sure Markstrom wouldnt mind

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
As an Oil fan in the lower mainland, I hate this. I actually kinda like the nucks, and wanted us to battle it out so I could catch a game in Van.

Hopefully they find a way to overcome this and stay alive til Demko is back.

kk

diehard NYI/WPG fan
Jun 29, 2007
Taiwan (from Manitoba)
Crap news for Canucks fans. Demko is a difference maker. DeSmith held the fort down the stretch to end the reg season but this is intense playoffs hockey.

Reactions: hn777

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver
I didnt realize that Demko and DeSmith have similar save percentages at even strength. This might not be the slam dunk against Vancouver some think it might be. Also, to those saying the Oilers now have an easy path (regardless of if its Preds or Demko-less Canucks) maybe worry about getting out of the LA series first...Skinner looks like what many here think DeSmith is lol

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I didnt realize that Demko and DeSmith have similar save percentages at even strength. This might not be the slam dunk against Vancouver some think it might be. Also, to those saying the Oilers now have an easy path (regardless of if its Preds or Demko-less Canucks) maybe worry about getting out of the LA series first...Skinner looks like what many here think DeSmith is lol

That's actually very misleading. The team often very visibly plays like they can't afford to give up a single scoring chance without it costing them when DeSmith is in net, and it badly hampers their offense (and when it doesn't they don't play in a way that's actually sustainable).

This is actually a direct counterpoint to all the people who immediately jump to the "can't blame DeSmith when you can only score one goal!" rhetoric. (yes, you can still blame them for choosing the wrong approach instead of trying to outscore his woes like maybe they should, but that's a different argument than the reductive score-based observation)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Well that sucks.

They can beat the Preds with DeSmith or whoever is in there if they play well, but against some of the top teams.. no chance.

These are always the most annoying injuries. You play 82 games to get into the dance and then don't have your full arsenal.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Well that sucks.

They can beat the Preds with DeSmith or whoever is in there if they play well, but against some of the top teams.. no chance.

These are always the most annoying injuries. You play 82 games to get into the dance and then don't have your full arsenal.
Well that was dumb. You should have gotten injured at the beginning of the season, allowing your team to load up on ltir and then come back for the dance.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Tough break for the Canucks, but it isn't the end.

Reminds me when Avs had their 3rd string in two game 7's back to back years. Lost both.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad