Prospect Info: Demetrios Koumontzis: 2018 4th round, 108th overall

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
All I can add is that he was rated 175-275 by skating services. Played a lower level of HS hockey from the sounds of it.

Headed to Arizona State University, which is a marginal hockey program (known more as a party school and for online degrees, lol).

Reactions: Dack

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
All I can add is that he was rated 175-275 by skating services. Played a lower level of HS hockey from the sounds of it.

Headed to Arizona State University, which is a marginal hockey program (known more as a party school and for online degrees, lol).
Not true that he played a "low level of HS hockey". He plays for Edina HS, which is a perennial power in MNHS hockey, which is the best in the US besides a VERY few privates(and even then I would say that Edina would have a 50/50 chance to win against them). Coaching and training is top notch. Only clearly better school is Shattuck, which cherry picks from around the world.

He played last year with Sammy Walker, 2018 Mr. Hockey winner(2017 winner was Mittelstadt, previous winners were Bjugstad, Leddy, Chorske, etc.) and Ben Brinkman(2019, and likely to be a 1st rounder).

DK is fast, skilled and has a nose for the net. He is all about offensive attack...for a smaller player, is a bit chippy.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Koumontzis

If he falls under any Greek rules of pronunciation should be:
Kou-mon-sis

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Not true that he played a "low level of HS hockey". He plays for Edina HS, which is a perennial power in MNHS hockey, which is the best in the US besides a VERY few privates(and even then I would say that Edina would have a 50/50 chance to win against them). Coaching and training is top notch. Only clearly better school is Shattuck, which cherry picks from around the world.

He played last year with Sammy Walker, 2018 Mr. Hockey winner(2017 winner was Mittelstadt, previous winners were Bjugstad, Leddy, Chorske, etc.) and Ben Brinkman(2019, and likely to be a 1st rounder).

DK is fast, skilled and has a nose for the net. He is all about offensive attack...for a smaller player, is a bit chippy.
I would liken his skill-set pretty close to Dillon Dube type abilities just don't think he has NHL center Q's. I believe he is a LW exclusively. Not sure of development path going to AzState U. You never know? He is pumped about it! Hope he can focus on his hockey development? Not just beautiful weather, girls, sights, cheap booze, sw/ mexicana-fair food, etc...

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I would liken his skill-set pretty close to Dillon Dube type abilities just don't think he has NHL center Q's. I believe he is a LW exclusively. Not sure of development path going to AzState U. You never know? He is pumped about it! Hope he can focus on his hockey development? Not just beautiful weather, girls, sights, cheap booze, sw/ mexicana-fair food, etc...
Dube without the qualities to be a Centre? Sounds like a downside of Kenny Agostino and an upside of Jason Zucker.

We have a bunch of interesting forward prospects Feuk, Nikolayev, Nodler, Pospisil, Phillips, Ruzicka, Roman - not even counting Dube who I pencil into the main team.

We have many good shots at getting Top 9 additions. But the main bluechippers are already in the NHL, Johnny, Monny, Tkachuk, Dube, Lindholm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad