Injury Report: Demers out for the season per Gambo (UPD: Recalled from Tucson 3/3/19)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What you think rehab does?? Turn the cynicism down a notch or two.

He might be back on Tuesday.
I’m saying he’s the idiot who acted like he was too cool for training camp and the played like absolute dog crap for the first couple of months of the season until he blew out his knee. He was also garbage for the first 20+ games last season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah well OEL liked him as a partner.

Guess OEL’s an idiot too?? :dunno:
Did OEL make flippant comments about the triviality of training camp for established veterans? Did he then proceed to come out looking like crap for the first 20 games of a season for at least the second season in a row? Was OEL obviously not ready to start the season before blowing out a knee?

If last season is the model, Demers would have rounded into form by now and would have been an asset for us. Like last season, he began the year as a complete liability.

Goligoski is no different but at least had the sense to keep his trap shut in camp.

Demers was great when the team heated up last season. He’s also very funny, entertaining and popular. This makes it easy to forgive and forget how poorly prepared he is to start seasons. If that same work ethic is the one he’s bringing to injury rehab and his conditioning stint in the AHL, it’s reasonable to doubt that he’ll be an effective NHL player again any time soon.

Given that he usually isn’t ready to go before November, I don’t see any reason to think it will be different now.

I find it absolutely disturbing that our leadership group of Stepan, Goligoski and Demers are all guilty of taking off the first 20-30 games the last two seasons. I’m glad they’re great second half players. I just think as leaders they should be better prepared before and during camp. Or at least not act too cool for it like Demers.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Did OEL make flippant comments about the triviality of training camp for established veterans? Did he then proceed to come out looking like crap for the first 20 games of a season for at least the second season in a row?
I find it absolutely disturbing that our leadership group of Stepan, Goligoski and Demers are all guilty of taking off the first 20-30 games the last two seasons. I’m glad they’re great second half players. I just think as leaders they should be better prepared before and during camp. Or at least not act too cool for it like Demers.

The same could be said about Doan for basically the last 10 years of his career regarding comments about vets and camp and starting slow. Demo and Oak would make similar comments as well. This isn’t something unique to Demers.

Reactions: cobra427

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Did OEL make flippant comments about the triviality of training camp for established veterans? Did he then proceed to come out looking like crap for the first 20 games of a season for at least the second season in a row? Was OEL obviously not ready to start the season before blowing out a knee?

If last season is the model, Demers would have rounded into form by now and would have been an asset for us. Like last season, he began the year as a complete liability.

Goligoski is no different but at least had the sense to keep his trap shut in camp.

Demers was great when the team heated up last season. He’s also very funny, entertaining and popular. This makes it easy to forgive and forget how poorly prepared he is to start seasons. If that same work ethic is the one he’s bringing to injury rehab and his conditioning stint in the AHL, it’s reasonable to doubt that he’ll be an effective NHL player again any time soon.

Given that he usually isn’t ready to go before November, I don’t see any reason to think it will be different now.

We were playing pretty well an our D was solid and then Demers got hurt. Our D and team was in the tank after that for the next 10 games or so. Demers makes a difference. Say what you want but he was part of our early season (limited) success.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I really like Demers but I'm almost nervous putting him back in. Hopefully he can shake off the rust pretty quickly with how many minutes he'll be eating.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I prefer Bush over Demers. Demers better play physical or he has no use suiting up.
?? Demers on his worst day is better than Kconn or Bush. Keep in mind we were playing well on D before he got hurt and then we were worse for 10 games or more. With OEL/Hammer/Chych/Goose/Demers, we have a pretty good top 5 D core which along with Kuemper could carry us into the playoffs. Fill in the blank for #6D.

Reactions: Jakey53

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
?? Demers on his worst day is better than Kconn or Bush. Keep in mind we were playing well on D before he got hurt and then we were worse for 10 games or more. With OEL/Hammer/Chych/Goose/Demers, we have a pretty good top 5 D core which along with Kuemper could carry us into the playoffs. Fill in the blank for #6D.

It’s Oesterle. He’s won it out of KConn and Bush

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It’s Oesterle. He’s won it out of KConn and Bush

Completely agree, if anything Oesterle seems to be looking better recently even beyond just beating those 2 out.

I think it's entirely possible Oesterle has a bad stretch as he has before but I think he's at least a bit above the other two by default at this point.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
They could have kept him in Tucson for 14 days. Obviously he played well enough to convince the Yotes staff he was ready and didn’t need to play in the Roadrunners matinee game today.
They also mentioned they didn't want him to play a quick back-to-back in his 1st conditioning stint.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Stick him on the third pair. It’ll be fine
Agreed.

OEL/Hammer are now playing great together, Chych/Goligoski have been good (sans the occasional Goose brain f*rt), adding a veteran D to the 3rd pair for the final 17 games should only help. Plus we have road B2B's with Chicago/STL next week and NJD/NYI the following weeks....having roster flexibility on the back-end should be beneficial.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad