Delta Center Everything Thread

archangel2

May 19, 2019

this is what got my attention. I was reading an article where the ownership group has now gone to the state and city with cap in hand asking for stuff.

I thought the Smyth group said they were not going to the state or city except for small stuff. I know you Governor Cox signed a thing to help bring baseball and hockey to your state and fund some Jazz stuff as well. But in reading the article..It seems he was asking for complete control and all taxes from like a 5 square mile radios around what he wants to build. Was this just some hit piece or did Smyth ask for a lot of stuff from the city and the state?

Reactions: Summer Rose

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
this is what got my attention. I was reading an article where the ownership group has now gone to the state and city with cap in hand asking for stuff.

I thought the Smyth group said they were not going to the state or city except for small stuff. I know you Governor Cox signed a thing to help bring baseball and hockey to your state and fund some Jazz stuff as well. But in reading the article..It seems he was asking for complete control and all taxes from like a 5 square mile radios around what he wants to build. Was this just some hit piece or did Smyth ask for a lot of stuff from the city and the state?

That’s the big question.

Most of us here aren’t plugged into the SLC media like we are in Arizona. So we know where the AZ media sits, just have to figure out who all the players are in Utah.

Reactions: Summer Rose

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
figure out who all the players are in Utah.

The players.⬇️

1716329882129.png

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Season Ticket Info:

I put a deposit down so happy to share what I can from the email. This tweet is just full season, half season pricing is similar but at a small premium ex: Average $260/gm is $286/gm on half season.

Edit: Some added context. Open house today through Thursday for folks who did a deposit. Friday is when they will begin a phased invite process to visit/purchase tickets. Priority for ticket selection is based on first come first serve basis tied to when you put your deposit down.

Last edited:

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
It reminds me of the old saddle dome in Calgary. Only see 3/4 of the ice but the rest on TV screens. Was a blast sitting in those areas. Best fans with a lot of beer. My Yotes jersey always stood out lol

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I didn't know there was a partial ice view at BOTH ends!
I went to the Frozen Fury game this year so got a good feel for what this will look like barring any remodels that may happen before the season.

For the Lower Bowl behind the nets they have to push a bunch of bleachers back to accommodate the ice which cuts how many people they can fit. You basically had 3-4 rows at ice level and then another 3-4 rows in the lower bowl 15-20 feet above them before hitting the suites.

The biggest issue is the stadium isn't built to accommodate the size of the ice so they lose basically the entire lower bowl behind both nets. I didn't go to the upper bowl (I splurged to sit on the glass next to the Sharks bench which getting to those seats is its own headache involving walking very close to the locker rooms) but I think the issue there is the angle it's built at prevents you from seeing the net you are behind and some of the ice there as well.

Very curious to see how the fix that long term because I have no idea how you make it all fit given even that higher up lower bowl seating was basically 1 row behind the ice level seats

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
You didn’t? This is why I have been wondering why it’s embarrassing for the players and NHL to play at Mullett, but it’s not embarrassing to play at Delta. I keep calling them folded up high school gymnasium bleachers.
All that has actually changed in this space is the 2x unobstructed and the confidence SEG can upgrade Delta Center into a NHL arena faster than AM can purchase property and build one.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
It was an absolute embarrassment to the NHL and NHLPA to play second fiddle in a 5000 seat college community rink. Horrible choice by management.
Huh? I grew up in Calgary and went to Hundreds of games.. what section is this??
The nose bleeds or renamed SportCheck section.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It's extremely disappointing to see such a high number of Arizona fans attacking the Utah market and/or Ryan Smith. I get the disappointment and frustration but they are placing the blame on the wrong people. This is just the same as the Winnipeg fans trashing Arizona when the people of Arizona did nothing to Winnipeg. Be better.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It's extremely disappointing to see such a high number of Arizona fans attacking the Utah market and/or Ryan Smith. I get the disappointment and frustration but they are placing the blame on the wrong people. This is just the same as the Winnipeg fans trashing Arizona when the people of Arizona did nothing to Winnipeg. Be better.
Is that happening on X? Or elsewhere? I haven't noticed it on this tiny platform.

Reactions: Jakey53

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
You didn’t? This is why I have been wondering why it’s embarrassing for the players and NHL to play at Mullett, but it’s not embarrassing to play at Delta. I keep calling them folded up high school gymnasium bleachers.
Three seasons til it's a premiere NHL rink. No auction needed. No vote needed. No rezoning needed.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad