GDT: Delicious Backhands and Games in Hand are Cure Alls: Devils @ Flyers, 1 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You have a friend that sends pictures of his daughter in her prom dress? I need friends like that.
LOL it sounds creepier than it was. It was a few years back, but he sent me pictures of his daughter and her date on prom night and was happy with how her dress turned out. I think he spent quite a bit on it. And I said something like ''GAGS! I bet it set you back a fortune, huh?'' and gags was clearly meant to be haha.

That was on the iPhone 4s that I had. I don't think it auto corrects to that on the iPhone 6 that I have right now.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
LOL it sounds creepier than it was. It was a few years back, but he sent me pictures of his daughter and her date on prom night and was happy with how her dress turned out. I think he spent quite a bit on it. And I said something like ''GAGS! I bet it set you back a fortune, huh?'' and gags was clearly meant to be haha.

That was on the iPhone 4s that I had. I don't think it auto corrects to that on the iPhone 6 that I have right now.

but was she 18 when she was in the dress??? still creepy but its important.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
but was she 18 when she was in the dress??? still creepy but its important.
I don't even know. Believe me dude, there was no creepy intent with these pictures. He wound up sending me text pictures of his son in his suit for prom the next year and graduations pics whenever the kids graduate.

I don't have kids, but I understand people love to show off their kids accomplishments and big moments/milestones, etc.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Oh my... I just saw that Konecny goal again and literally half of the Devils team is standing and watching. Hall looked like a statue.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
I don't even know. Believe me dude, there was no creepy intent with these pictures. He wound up sending me text pictures of his son in his suit for prom the next year and graduations pics whenever the kids graduate.

I don't have kids, but I understand people love to show off their kids accomplishments and big moments/milestones, etc.

just messing around. somewhere along the way 18 became too young for me. its legal tho so i wont object. that silly grey area ;)

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Only two of them are, and they weren’t exactly good today either. Coleman’s play fell off before he was scratched. Zacha, Severson, and Santini haven’t been consistent this year either.

That's half of our young players (Hischier, Bratt, Wood, Butcher). So half of your youngsters have been consistently good, and the other have have been good but just inconsistent. That's really awesome. Mirco Mueller is the wildcard. Be really interesting to see what he does when he comes back.

Nothing is falling apart. We could win most 2/3 matchups outside of maybe Pitt. Columbus, NYR, NYI, and Philly are all very beatable.

I think we match up very poorly against Columbus, Philly, and Boston (or is that not a potential match up? I don't really know how that works...)

I'm probably just overly disappointed that we lost to a garbage team that I hate after it seemed like were back on the upswing. Long way to go this season and I'm sure things will improve.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
just messing around. somewhere along the way 18 became to young for me. its legal tho so i wont object. that silly grey area ;)
I like a more mature woman, quite honestly. I've been single for an embarrassingly long time, at this point. So long, I wouldn't even admit it to most people I know. But not as long as you think, and you know who you are if you're reading this, you f***! By the way, that wasn't aimed at a member of this board, but a lurker, who I made the mistake of telling my username to. A worthless and toxic family member, who I sincerely hope is having a very miserable life right now. :nod:

I have a 45 year old neighbor, across the street and down a little bit. That's older than me, but not much a whole lot! She was dropping hints, but I missed them. What a bummer, I dropped the ball on that one.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It' definitely true that they have consistency problems, but they have been playing down to the competition for years through a complete roster turnover. They were really up for the Caps game, and were completely flat, aloof and disinterested for this one against a lesser team. If they played half the game they played against the caps they win this one easily.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
greene has some serious explaining to do after that one.

Greene f***ed up. I don't think Hall should be going that low on the play. Bottom line is that's a wrist shot from about 5 feet inside the face off dot with plenty of time for Kinkaid to cover the angle. That needs to be a save. We started the game off strongly and giving that goal up took the wind out of our sails.

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That's half of our young players (Hischier, Bratt, Wood, Butcher). So half of your youngsters have been consistently good, and the other have have been good but just inconsistent. That's really awesome. Mirco Mueller is the wildcard. Be really interesting to see what he does when he comes back.

I think we match up very poorly against Columbus, Philly, and Boston (or is that not a potential match up? I don't really know how that works...)

I'm probably just overly disappointed that we lost to a garbage team that I hate after it seemed like were back on the upswing. Long way to go this season and I'm sure things will improve.

Boston isn’t a potential matchup unless they somehow win the Atlantic and we fall into a wild card spot.

Today we would host the Jackets. 2/3 seeds play divisional opponents first round. Division winners host the wild cards.

Reactions: Blackjack

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It' definitely true that they have consistency problems, but they have been playing down to the competition for years through a complete roster turnover. They were really up for the Caps game, and were completely flat, aloof and disinterested for this one against a lesser team. If they played half the game they played against the caps they win this one easily.
I thought we came out well on the first shift or two.

Then came that first goal, on the first shot against and we looked like we imploded and didn't wake up until it was 3-0 and even then, we were still operating on two cylinders for much of the rest of the game. I thought we were outplayed for all but maybe the 3rd period and even in that period, it's not like we were that good.

I thought Wood was good, he was the only skater that stuck out in a positive way to me today. Literally the only one that was particularly great. I thought Lovejoy was decent.

Appleby was really good. His rebound control was definitely a little bit suspect, but he was still real good. In my best Dano impersonation.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I like a more mature woman, quite honestly. I've been single for an embarrassingly long time, at this point. So long, I wouldn't even admit it to most people I know. But not as long as you think, and you know who you are if you're reading this, you ****! By the way, that wasn't aimed at a member of this board, but a lurker, who I made the mistake of telling my username to. A worthless and toxic family member, who I sincerely hope is having a very miserable life right now. :nod:

I have a 45 year old neighbor, across the street and down a little bit. That's older than me, but not much a whole lot! She was dropping hints, but I missed them. What a bummer, I dropped the ball on that one.

I've had a dry spell of my own going, a few months ago I was at a meeting with nice looking lady and I shot her a couple of looks, after the meeting I'm jumping on my bike to ride home and she asks me if I want a ride. I can't even explain it but all I could think was naah, it's going to be a pain in the ass to get my bike in back of her SUV. So I declined. Then she INSISTED and I declined again. Holy shit that would have been a slam dunk. LMAO, I got home and banged my head against the wall.

Reactions: Bleedred

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
I like a more mature woman, quite honestly. I've been single for an embarrassingly long time, at this point. So long, I wouldn't even admit it to most people I know. But not as long as you think, and you know who you are if you're reading this, you ****! By the way, that wasn't aimed at a member of this board, but a lurker, who I made the mistake of telling my username to. A worthless and toxic family member, who I sincerely hope is having a very miserable life right now. :nod:

weve all been there. i was 21 working at a flower shop. the boss tells me this lady lost her husband two years ago and is prolly dying for a guy. next time i show up her kids are outside playing at this huge mansion,( i see now she sent them outside) i walk in and shes in a robe on the phone giving me the eye. i punked out and just left cause i had a GF. what a waste.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've had a dry spell of my own going, a few months ago I was at a meeting with nice looking lady and I shot her a couple of looks, after the meeting I'm jumping on my bike to ride home and she asks me if I want a ride. I can't even explain it but all I could think was naah, it's going to be a pain in the ass to get my bike in back of her SUV. So I declined. Then she INSISTED and I declined again. Holy **** that would have been a slam dunk. LMAO, I got home and banged my head against the wall.
I've had a lot of these happen. I'm not sure if all were slam dunks, but I have stories like this going back to when I was like a teenager. Girls invites me over to her house, we sit in her bedroom and wind up playing a board game or watching a movie. One girl invited me over a few times, I declined to make a move, then she stopped inviting me over. That's how timid and shy I was. And then I wonder why she stopped inviting me over? It wasn't until I was well into adulthood that I realized what I was doing wrong.

About a year ago, A girl that I used to hook up with and a FWB thing with for years before I moved down here and she was living here, she moved back here. She had moved at some point right before I moved down here and I had lost contact with her. She ended up in California and North Carolina at one point. She hit me up when she moved back here, it seemed like something might happen eventually, but then I started talking to her and realized that I didn't like what she was now. She was not a self described addict, had a few kids since then and all are with the dad. I had a good reason to speculate that her kids may have either been taken away from her, perhaps a restraining order and that there's a reason other than ''Her ex-husband is a dick'' that she doesn't have her kids anymore.

I realized it was better to leave retreads in the past where they belonged and I cut off contact with her. Just didn't like who she was now. Liked her 10-15 years ago, not anymore.

Reactions: Blackjack

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Boston isn’t a potential matchup unless they somehow win the Atlantic and we fall into a wild card spot.

Today we would host the Jackets. 2/3 seeds play divisional opponents first round. Division winners host the wild cards.

Okay, that makes sense. I think we're going to struggle against any team with a strong top 4 defense. We have a problem getting pinned in the zone, if a team has good defensemen it really compounds it. I feel like Provorov really killed us today, and Werenski is a problem against Clb.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Okay, that makes sense. I think we're going to struggle against any team with a strong top 4 defense. We have a problem getting pinned in the zone, if a team has good defensemen it really compounds it. I feel like Provorov really killed us today, and Werenski is a problem against Clb.

Columbus has a major center issue though and it makes them really bearable.

Philly is streaky. They aren’t this good defensively as we saw today.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
No show first is very concerning in a pivotal Metro rival game.

I don't want to hear anything about day games either.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
weve all been there. i was 21 working at a flower shop. the boss tells me this lady lost her husband two years ago and is prolly dying for a guy. next time i show up her kids are outside playing at this huge mansion,( i see now she sent them outside) i walk in and shes in a robe on the phone giving me the eye. i punked out and just left cause i had a GF. what a waste.
You made the right decision there, cheating ain't cool!

The shitty part is that these situations seem to happen when we aren't single. I remember locking eyes with a really beautiful woman when I was in a relationship 4.5 years back or so. She wouldn't stop looking at me and I thought ''She was beautiful, but I'd never consider cheating, it's not an option for me''. That shit never happens to me when I'm single! Ever! Literally never!

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017

we are still a ways from the deadline. maybe sami was out big move or maybe we can do something. we have the space to take on anyone, dont really have the assests tho. bing isnt really tearing up the ahl.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
You made the right decision there, cheating ain't cool!

The ****ty part is that these situations seem to happen when we aren't single. I remember locking eyes with a really beautiful woman when I was in a relationship 4.5 years back or so. She wouldn't stop looking at me and I thought ''She was beautiful, but I'd never consider cheating, it's not an option for me''. That **** never happens to me when I'm single! Ever! Literally never!

yeah, im no cheater. its just not me. but now that shes gone it plays with my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad