Injury Report: DeKeyser Out; Ouellet Recalled

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Recalled and playing this weekend due to DeKeyser injury

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4m4 minutes ago
Wings recalled Xavier Ouellet from Grand Rapids. Danny DeKeyser out for weekend with upper body injury.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Wings recalled Xavier Ouellet from Grand Rapids. Danny DeKeyser out for weekend with upper body injury.
What happened to Danny?

That's not good.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
DDK wasn't up to his strenghts lately. So I'm keen on how XO's doing. Liked his game last time, when he got recalled for Smith.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

How do we have the roster space for this?

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
He may be ready for friday, not wearing gray non-contact jersey

Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman
Justin Abdelkader on the ice and not in gray which means he could return Friday at home against Florida.

Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 11m11 minutes ago
UPDATE: #RedWings recall Xavier Ouellet from @griffinshockey. Abdelkader on IR, retroactive from November 30th.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I guess Ouellet is a much bigger priority than Pulkkinen.

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
^ beat me to it

Could it be more that they dont trust lashoff and kindl both in the lineup at the same time? If so I couldnt agree more with them on that part. I wanna see pulkkinen as much of the next guy but just putting some possible logic to this.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Could it be more that they dont trust lashoff and kindl both in the lineup at the same time? If so I couldnt agree more with them on that part. I wanna see pulkkinen as much of the next guy but just putting some possible logic to this.

May be me just using hindsight.

But they should have put Abdelkader on IR as soon as they realized he was out longer than the weekend.

Then they could have called up Pulkkinen until Dekeyser got hurt, and send down Pulkks and call up XO.

Oh well. I just want to see him get games in. He's playing great hockey.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Kindl actually played a good game yesterday, so I think he should stay in over Lashoff.
Looking forward to seeing Ouellet playing on the big stage that is Toronto. He had an assist last time he was there.

Get well soon Dekeyser!

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I think so. The Kindl-Lashoff pairing has been a complete disaster anytime we've seen it. Kindl is actually not doing that bad as a #6 this year, but he needs a solid #5 next to him to not fall apart.

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
May be me just using hindsight.

But they should have put Abdelkader on IR as soon as they realized he was out longer than the weekend.

Then they could have called up Pulkkinen until Dekeyser got hurt, and send down Pulkks and call up XO.

Oh well. I just want to see him get games in. He's playing great hockey.

Hindsight is 20/20 my friend

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
I think so. The Kindl-Lashoff pairing has been a complete disaster anytime we've seen it. Kindl is actually not doing that bad as a #6 this year, but he needs a solid #5 next to him to not fall apart.

I agree with your post. Kindl hasnt been too bad for what he is and being in the #6 spot but you cant have lashoff with him or have two lines with a defender having to babysit each of those guys. That just puts too much of a cripple on your backend.

Back to ouellet being in though... I really really enjoy watching him play and I am excited to see what he can bring again. He really is showing me we got another bright young nhler on our hands. Hope he continues to bring it. :yo:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Kindl actually played a good game yesterday, so I think he should stay in over Lashoff.
Looking forward to seeing Ouellet playing on the big stage that is Toronto. He had an assist last time he was there.

Get well soon Dekeyser!

Kindl played "okay" yesterday. Had at least a couple really ill-thought out passes. Which I guess is typical for him.

It should be. Offense is generally fine and pretty stacked already. Defense is our true weakness. However, we should be doing both because it's more than possible to do both if we just waived one of three useless parts on our team right now. Oh well. Not a huge deal.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012

Get well soon Dekeyser!

I disagree. I thought Kindl was his usual bad self. Turning the puck over, losing physical battles, throwing the puck to nobody for no reason, failing to clear the puck.... The only thing he seems adept at is making even routine plays cringe-worthy.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Anyone notice brunner was basically released. I think he could go to the Griffin's get some more moves and be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad