Dekeyser 2015-16 season thus far

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Well? What do you guys think of the 2016 version of DeKeyser? He seems to have avoided the spotlight this season while we tear into other players on the team.

I hear some people talk about him regressing a little bit this year. I don't see it. I think he's doing really well. He's playing the toughest competition, the most defensive zone starts, his time on ice is increasing and he's coming out on top, leading the defensemen in plus/minus. Offensively, he's scored as many goals as he ever has already and hasn't had much PP time at all. His assists are lagging this year but the team in general have some issues there, I think. And there's still no one else in the league I'd want defending an odd-man rush more than DeKeyser. His positioning, stick, and ability to read the play are all top notch and he makes a lot of plays look easy in his own zone.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I also don't get the regressing line on him. If he's had issues it's mainly due to switching partners so often. Usually well positioned and very good stick in his own zone. Offense could improve and probably will

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
He definitely was struggling earlier in the year. Seems to be fine now though. I don't really think he'll ever be more than what he is now basically though, which is fine. He's a solid #3 type of guy we should keep around for a long time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Literally the only talk of regressing has been in regards to points. And that's because he was taken off the PP. Which is exactly what some of us predicted would happen (hey guys).

I think he's been good this season. Not surprised at the minutes he is seeing, very good at ES and on the PK. Being used exactly how I think he should be.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Literally the only talk of regressing has been in regards to points. And that's because he was taken off the PP. Which is exactly what some of us predicted would happen (hey guys).

I think he's been good this season. Not surprised at the minutes he is seeing, very good at ES and on the PK. Being used exactly how I think he should be.

I disagree. He pretty clearly was struggling with the puck all over the ice for a while there. Dekyeser isn't in the doghouse on this forum (Cleary, Franzen, Kindl, Smith, etc.) so people forget his rough patches much quicker. The same will happen with Nyquist as soon as he goes on a nice hot streak, although he is getting to that point with some people now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad