Deja Vu For Canucks Fans?

Amused To Death

Nov 6, 2009
Victoria
Oh come on now this is just cruel. We're already insecure mother****ers. Throw in a few parallels to last season, baby you got a stew going.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
"Hockey-mad Vancouver market" was a good one. Rink was half empty last night, this city officially no longer cares. If the NFL or UFC is playing the Canucks barely get any attention at all.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
"Hockey-mad Vancouver market" was a good one. Rink was half empty last night, this city officially no longer cares. If the NFL or UFC is playing the Canucks barely get any attention at all.

If sold out is half empty, then that's news to me.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If we are headed down the same path, I hope they finally realize it's the core that's the problem.

It was the players' fault under AV
It was the players' fault under Torts
And if we fail again it will be players' fault under Willie

They've already been let off the hook twice; two years in a row the coach has been used as the scapegoat. It needs to stop.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
This is why we can't have nice things, like playoffs. Or y'know, more than 1 win in the playoffs in 4 calendar years.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
The article seems to be well balanced if optimistic.

I think the articles projections are from somebody unfamiliar with being in their mid thirties. Theoretically, the core group might bounce back and the goalie might learn some new tricks but in practice these are old men struggling to stay relevant.

As a cynic hardened by years of Canuck antics, I cannot pretend to feel sorry for coddled millionaires that hung on too long and now accept a coach's head every spring as tribute. I cry no tears for the slow and easily checked top line. They are shells relying on the patronage of a foolish owner. Hockey people know this.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
John Tortorella was right about this team...said the core had gone stale, but may as well have said the core has gotten old...Sedins no longer ppg players; Bieksa no longer a top-four d-man and Burrows will never score 30 goals again in his career....that's why the Miller signing made no sense...just added a goalie to the overpaid and back-side-of the mountain list...what's the worst position to be in, in today's NHL?....a aging, veteran team just good enough to miss the playoffs....you don't play your kids because you won't jeopardize the playoffs and you don't get a high enough draft to change your fortunes....I don't blame JB or Linden...suspect it's the owner who's in a state of denial.:rant:

Wang Gretzky

Nov 8, 2013
John Tortorella was right about this team...said the core had gone stale, but may as well have said the core has gotten old...Sedins no longer ppg players; Bieksa no longer a top-four d-man and Burrows will never score 30 goals again in his career....that's why the Miller signing made no sense...just added a goalie to the overpaid and back-side-of the mountain list...what's the worst position to be in, in today's NHL?....a aging, veteran team just good enough to miss the playoffs....you don't play your kids because you won't jeopardize the playoffs and you don't get a high enough draft to change your fortunes....I don't blame JB or Linden...suspect it's the owner who's in a state of denial.:rant:

Couldnt agree more. The teams in limbo, not good enough to compete and not bad enough to tank. The prospects coming up arent good enough and when the sedins retire we're gonna be in real trouble, Considering the fact we dont have IMO any 1st line/1st pairing potential prospects.

Last edited:

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
If we are headed down the same path, I hope they finally realize it's the core that's the problem.

It was the players' fault under AV
It was the players' fault under Torts
And if we fail again it will be players' fault under Willie

They've already been let off the hook twice; two years in a row the coach has been used as the scapegoat. It needs to stop.

Easier said than done.

Everyone from top to bottom should know this team's issue, but you can only do so much without gutting the team.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Can't say I disagree with much of that article. My personal opinion of this team hasn't changed from that of the past 3 seasons. This team got old real fast. Faster than many of us would have thought. We saw many of them run out of gas last season and it's looking like this season will be another free fall in the new year. Some of our "key" players have clearly lost more than a step and a lot of desire. That happens with age and when you've already made your millions. This is all sounding like a broken record though. Many of us said the same stuff last year and even before but it was too easy to blame Torts. Reality will set in after New Years. I expected a high draft pick come draft day and nothing has changed my feelings.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
New to the hockey world, where tickets sold and turnstile counts are not the same thing. If I had a picture from last night I'd post it, but you're free to think me a liar if you wish.

Well, I was at the game and you are 100% incorrect. The place wasn't at full capacity but it was hardly 'half full'.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Jokes on you, my plan is to draft Strome then throw 12 million dollars for 12 years at Ryan Johansen the year the Sedins contract is up

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Deja Vu over and over, it's been going on for years. The Sedins can't get it done and the team lacks youth. I'd love to know how many teams have 5 of their 6 guys on their top 2 lines over 30.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
The Calgary game is a huge game right now, a must-win as far as contending this season goes. If we lose that one it's adios playoff race, that's how it looks to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad