Defensive Pairings

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I know they had a shut-out last night, but I think the d could be restructured to see more balance. I don't think the emelin/markov or subban bouillon pairing are good, at all.

I would like to see:

Tinordi Subban
Markov Weaver
Beaulieu Emelin

To be honest, I want to see how Weaver looks next to Markov. I don't think that pairing is great, and Weaver has been impressive lately in making the right decisions. he smart, and with a guy like markov beside him, I think they would be much tougher in their own zone.

any thoughts?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Weaver (Bouillon/Murray can rotate until Gorges is back)

I think this gives the habs the most balance on defense...they can confidently throw out any of those 3 pairings on the ice and feel comfortable.

I would really like them to give Tinordi-Subban time to find some chemistry...these 2 could be the Habs top pairing for the next decade if everything pans out

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

You gotta love the chemistery between Murray and Weaver. That's a scary steady 3rd pairing. No doubts in my mind that when Gorges will come back, pairings will look like that:

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Murray-Weaver

Marky and Emy had trouble at the start of the season and MT stick with 'em as a pairing, it's paying off today.

Gotta give credits to JJ Daigneault, our system is solid and we have an elite D core with OK players... the slot is rarely wide open.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
If Gorges is still injured:

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray/Bouillon - Weaver

When Gorges is back:

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - Weaver

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Honestly, I liked our pairs yesterday

Subban-Tinordi
Markov-Emelin
Murray-Weaver

5 of our 6 D are physical and Markov is not taking **** from anyone recently.:naughty:

What I would do if everyone was healthy.

Subban-Markov (put the best with the best)
Emelin-Gorges
Tinordi-Weaver (with Murray replacing 1 of these 2 some nights)

Replace Weaver with Beaulieu next year and there you go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad