Defensemen who dangle

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
Karlsson can do it very well and sometimes does but lately he been preferring to play safer and dangling is not safe.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Gards tends to pull a move when beating players or out skates them. Rielly just flat out out skates players, doesn't need to pull a move often.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Reilly tries to
rielly.0.gif

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Letang will skate around people, but I can't remember seeing him try to beat a guy 1 on 1

I've seen some pretty nifty stickhandling and dangles by him. I won't pretend to be an expert, so maybe I've just seen a disproportionately high amount of them by him. :dunno:

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
I've seen some pretty nifty stickhandling and dangles by him. I won't pretend to be an expert, so maybe I've just seen a disproportionately high amount of them by him. :dunno:

No, Kris Letang definitely dangles. There's a reason why he's a regular in the shootouts as well and it's not his skating ability.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No, Kris Letang definitely dangles. There's a reason why he's a regular in the shootouts as well and it's not his skating ability.

He's always struck me as a player that relies more on his physical talent than smarts. From that, I think he's the kind of guy that can pull off some pretty crazy plays and dangles due to his physical talents. That's not a shot at him at all - one (smarts or physical ability) is not necessarily better than the other. It takes a combination of the both and obviously Letang has both, but I'm suggesting he relies more on his physical ability than his smarts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad