Speculation: Defensemen to camp

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Defensive pairings from #Pens skate →
Scuderi-Maatta
Cole-Letang
Pouliot-Clendening-Dumoulin (all rotating)
--

Poor Määttä.

Lmao.

That Cole-Letang pairing is interesting. Glad to see they're trying that.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
But there's Scuderi. I'd rather have Lovejoy.

As would we all. Still interesting that Lovejoy wasn't in the rotation at all. Though they didn't mention Erixon, Warsofsky and Gonchar either and they're still hanging around with the team too.

Maybe they just give him rest since there's still lots of bodies around but would have thought they'd go as close to opening night roster as possible in the final preseason game.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
As would we all. Still interesting that Lovejoy wasn't in the rotation at all.

Maybe they just give him rest since there's still lots of bodies around but would have thought they'd go as close to opening night roster as possible in the final preseason game.

Maybe this is the opening night roster :naughty:

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Maybe this is the opening night roster :naughty:

Or they're just showcasing Scuderi for one final time and hoping Määttä will make him look good :nod:

Anyways, I guess we'll have to wait until next week to see what the defense will look like. Could be this one, could be totally different look.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Korbinian Holzer and Raphael Diaz on waivers today. Are either of them better than the glut of AHL defensemen the Pens already have?

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Korbinian Holzer and Raphael Diaz on waivers today. Are either of them better than the glut of AHL defensemen the Pens already have?

Holzer maybe?

I'm inclined to go with no given their ages. Holzer is 27, and Diaz is 29; compare that to the 24-year-old Dumoulin and 22-year-old Clendening.

If they were waiver exempt, it'd be an explorable options. But it really doesn't make any sense to claim Holzer or Diaz if it means having to expose Dumoulin or Clendening to waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad