Defenseman to Build around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Which Blueline prospect would you build around and why?

Rules:
  • Any player that is inline with HF prospect criteria is eligible
  • Although, any player over the age of 23 is NOT eligible
  • Any player who has played more then 40 games in the NHL is not eligible

Also, with that defensemen, which prospects from that system do you see playing with him? Age and rules do not apply to partner.

Ex: I'd pick Dion Phanuef, and in 5 years I could see him with Rehger or Leopold...
Ex2: I pick Cam Barker, I pick Seabrook as his blueline partner.
Ex3: I pick Cobourn, Valabik could be his partner.

Last edited:

mytor4*

i'd pick bouwmeester and his partner would be krajicek or mezei.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
The obvious guys like Barker, Bouwmeester, etc.

For my Canucks, if Koltsov lives up to his potential, he would be killer with a big, bruising stay at home guy like Allen, down the road.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Senor Rational said:
Which Blueline prospect would you build around and why?

Rules:
  • Any player that is inline with HF prospect criteria is eligible
  • Although, any player over the age of 23 is NOT eligible

Also, with that defensemen, which prospects from that system do you see playing with him? Age and rules do not apply to partner.

Ex: I'd pick Dion Phanuef, and in 5 years I could see him with Rehger or Leopold...
Ex2: I pick Cam Barker, I pick Seabrook as his blueline partner.
Ex3: I pick Cobourn, Valabik could be his partner.

Bouwmeester with either Krajicek, Novak (if he regains pre-injury form) or Mezei.

Krajicek and Bouwmeester on the PP would be killer.

PK*

For the Habs, they're going to build their defensive corps around Komisarek. I could see him playing with Markov or Hainsey, if he turns around his game.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
If Koltsov can develope right then he would be playing with Allen, and damn what a combo it would be!

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
For the Stars, I'd take Fransson and pair him with Daley on the PP, Fistric the rest of the time :yo:

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
Doug Lynch for the Oilers
has more potential then Woywitka but Woywitka more of a safer bet, Lynch was an AHL all-star in his rookie pro season and putting up another very good season this year too.

if Lynch and Woywitka develop into a NHL defensemen they would make a great combo, they have been playing together since their WHL days

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Tyutin and Kondratiev. They have been a pair since juniors and showed why they are a future pair in the AHL this season.

Vic Rattlehead*

I would choose Mark Stuart and pair him with Andrew Alberts or Milan Jurcina. Stuart with Alberts would be a complete shutdown defence pair, and would leave a lot of forwards bruised and beaten.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Why are you guys picking Bouwmeester? does't anyone read the rules?

Rules:

1. Any player that is inline with HF prospect criteria is eligible
2. Although, any player over the age of 23 is NOT eligible
3. Any player who has played more then 40 games in the NHL is not eligible

Jay-Bo is not a prospect, so that breaks rule number 1, and he also has 143 NHL games under his belt, so that breaks rule number 3.

As for my choice, if I were to build a franchise around a D-man based on these rules, I'll go with Phaneuf, and I see him playing with Rehger or Leopold in the future, most likely Leopold.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maybe I am an idiot or blind or something, but I think nearly all of you missed the point of this thread. I think you are suppose to pick (who you think is) the top defence prospect in the NHL that you would want to buid around. This has nothing to do with what your favourite team is.

I say Phaneuf.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Roughneck said:
Using the criteria it really comes down to Phaneuf or Suter. So I'll take Phaneuf, he could play with another Flames prospect in Ramholt.

If Hamhuis is ineligible...my pick would likewise be either

Suter-Weber

or

Phaneuf-Ramholt, with leaning toward Suter and Weber simply becuase i think Phaneuf and Suter are a wash, but I like Weber over Ramholt.

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
espion said:
Maybe I am an idiot or blind or something, but I think nearly all of you missed the point of this thread. I think you are suppose to pick (who you think is) the top defence prospect in the NHL that you would want to buid around. This has nothing to do with what your favourite team is.

I say Phaneuf.

i'll say this I did not mis-understand at all, it would be just no fun to see all the people say Phaneuf and Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad