Value of: Defense to Tampa

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
To Tampa: Mike Green 50% retained
To Detroit: 2018 1st, Sustr and a conditional 2019 2nd. The condition being Tampa makes the Eastern Conference finals. Otherwise it's a 4th.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Philly would love to pen a spot for Sanheim or Morin. Brandon Manning for Erne, Verhaeghe or Cirelli?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
With Hedman injured and the team playing crappy defense in general, what would it cost us to add some dmen?

Ps pls take Dotchin and Sustr
According to you Dotchin was a future top pairing dman and already a 3D last year lol.
Brendan Smith is available (in my eyes at least.) he has 3 years after this at 4 mil. He was a monster in the playoffs for us and he's a defensive dman who can skate and pass. I think he can really solidify Tampas lineup and give them a player who's amazing in the playoffs and is a bit of a gamble to be that good again but still solidifies their defense. any offers?
Sustr(As a cap dump if you guys want to add someone else this year)+conditional 2nd that turns into 1st if TBL make the SCF with Smith playing a certain amount of games?

I would add Nash at 50% retained but idk if Tampa can afford him but Nash would be a good rental due to Tampas needs as a 3RW

Last edited:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
What type of defenseman are you looking for? Offensive/2-way/defensive.

Andrew MacDonald (receives a lot of hate, but actually plays decently) very expensive contract that ends soon. He could fill in or even take out Sustr's spot as 7th Dman or fill in for Girardi. I understand we'd have to hold back on the contract.

Brandon Manning is available too. Better this year than last and has a better 2-way game. Still not very good, but is a 6/7D.

Would Tampa be interested for a pick?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
To Tampa: Mike Green 50% retained
To Detroit: 2018 1st, Sustr and a conditional 2019 2nd. The condition being Tampa makes the Eastern Conference finals. Otherwise it's a 4th.
I'd be floored if TB deals his 1st + a dman (they need more) for Green.

Reactions: Stripper

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
What type of defenseman are you looking for? Offensive/2-way/defensive.

Andrew MacDonald (receives a lot of hate, but actually plays decently) very expensive contract that ends soon. He could fill in or even take out Sustr's spot as 7th Dman or fill in for Girardi. I understand we'd have to hold back on the contract.

Brandon Manning is available too. Better this year than last and has a better 2-way game. Still not very good, but is a 6/7D.

Would Tampa be interested for a pick?
Defensive.

Amac's contract ruins it. I might part with a 5th for manning.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I'd be floored if TB deals his 1st + a dman (they need more) for Green.
I see it as a first and a second because I'm fairly confident they stroll into the conference finals. But maybe you're right. What do you think they'd need to add. Detroit should be looking for C and D prospects and draft picks.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
According to you Dotchin was a future top pairing dman and already a 3D last year lol.
Brendan Smith is available (in my eyes at least.) he has 3 years after this at 4 mil. He was a monster in the playoffs for us and he's a defensive dman who can skate and pass. I think he can really solidify Tampas lineup and give them a player who's amazing in the playoffs and is a bit of a gamble to be that good again but still solidifies their defense. any offers?
Sustr(As a cap dump if you guys want to add someone else this year)+conditional 2nd that turns into 1st if TBL make the SCF with Smith playing a certain amount of games?
Smith is interesting, idk what you would want for him though.

Dotchin took zone exit lessons from Sustr. He's making similar egregious turnovers.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Jordie Benn
Paul Byron
3rd-5th round pick(EDM)

f0r

Jake Dotchin
Adam Erne
2nd round pick

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Jordie Benn
Paul Byron
3rd-5th round pick(EDM)

f0r

Jake Dotchin
Adam Erne
2nd round pick
I don't want Benn. He can't handle the puck at all and can't skate well. He's more of the same here.

I like Byron but that is off topic.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Michael Stone

Not sure if management would have the balls to move him mid year though. Probably wait for the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad