Defense pairings NOW?

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
It depends on Tank Commander Horacheks thought process.

Full tank mode:
Gardiner-Robidas
Reilly-Polak
Granberg-Holzer

Development mode:
Rielly-Granberg
Gardiner-Polak
Percy-Robidas

But most likely:
Rielly-Polak
Gardiner-Robidas
Granberg-Holzer

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's going to be.......................interesting.

Phaneuf should be back this week though.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Keep Rielly on the top pair. Play the hell out of him, see what he can do. Time to start leaning on him more. He's a great young player and what better way to develop him more and gain him experience than upping his playing time. Kid is going to be a leader for us down the road. Possibly future captain

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It's going to be.......................interesting.

Phaneuf should be back this week though.

Granberg was sent back to the AHL yesterday which might signal Dion is close to returning unless it was just to have him play in the game for the Marlies and he will be back for tomorrow.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Granberg was sent back to the AHL yesterday which might signal Dion is close to returning unless it was just to have him play in the game for the Marlies and he will be back for tomorrow.

Granberg was sent down because the Marlies played yesterday and play again today. I'm sure he'll be called up again for the game tomorrow.

Phaneuf is likely to play though. We'll see at the practice later today I suppose.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Keep Rielly on the top pair. Play the hell out of him, see what he can do. Time to start leaning on him more. He's a great young player and what better way to develop him more and gain him experience than upping his playing time. Kid is going to be a leader for us down the road. Possibly future captain

Agreed.
Also, need to give Gardiner freedom and let him do what he wants without backlash. Allow him to get creative. With more ice time and greater responsibilities we may see the Gardiner we had a preview of a couple years ago.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Granberg was sent down because the Marlies played yesterday and play again today. I'm sure he'll be called up again for the game tomorrow.

Phaneuf is likely to play though. We'll see at the practice later today I suppose.

I don't believe Phaneuf has been back at a full Leafs practice yet so playing tomorrow might be a stretch but I think that Leafs might want him back sooner rather than later to show he is no longer injured as that increases trade possibilities.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com

Definitely more confident in his abilities, he is showing it, even Gardiner is playing more loosely.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

**** this guy, I hope he never plays for Leafs again.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
I don't get why Percy still isn't in the lineup? He was one of our best defenders before his injury... he was clearly smart enough to play in the NHL. Give the kid some minutes and see what he does.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I don't get why Percy still isn't in the lineup? He was one of our best defenders before his injury... he was clearly smart enough to play in the NHL. Give the kid some minutes and see what he does.

Has struggled with the Marlies and he's injured.

If anyone from the Marlies deserves a look in, it's probably Loov.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Our D is getting better and better. :nod:

Now, if we can somehow trade Phaneuf, our D would become elite! :handclap:

:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad