GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Calgary| Let's Try This Again |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I thought Kyrou was fine last night, but it probably didn't help his cause that the line had its best chance of the night immediately after Sunny slid in for Kyrou. I hope that doesn't put him back into the press box.

Count me as someone who doesn't want Steen pushed off the 3rd line. I have really liked that line the last few weeks and think they deserve to stay together. If I were coach, here is what I would start with tonight:

Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Blais-ROR-Perron
Steen-Thomas-Bozak
Pick your combo of Barby/Sunny/DLR/Sanford. Add Mac to that mix if he is ready.

Barby and Sunny should be locks to stay in the lineup, we now have multiple guys fighting for one spot in my lineup of choice.
I don't disagree with you regarding Sanford on the 4th line, I just don't see that as something Berube is going to do anymore. I think it's Top 9 or bust for him now and, frankly, I don't see how he draws out of the lineup after scoring the only goal last night. I didn't like a lot of his game otherwise, in particular his decision making with the puck, but I think he stays for now.

As far as Steen on the 3rd line, I get what you're saying but he was so good with Sunny and Barby in the playoffs last year and I'd really like to see that 4th line together most nights. Frankly, I don't think there is anyone you could stick on Thomas' LW that wouldn't develop chemistry with him, so I would be just fine putting Blais there knowing the 3rd and 4th lines will probably get comparable ice time, even if it means keeping the Sanford on the 2nd line experiment alive.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blais is back. Thank you Jeesus.

NVWi.gif

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
I would like to DLR sit. I cant see chief splitting up Steen, Bozak, Thomas line. The line was solid before the break. And Kyrou was decent with schenn and Schwartz. I could see Sanford sliding down. Or Blais on the 4th line. I can see that as a very effective fourth line. Blais had 70 hit through his 20 games so he is a physical presence.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
I don't disagree with you regarding Sanford on the 4th line, I just don't see that as something Berube is going to do anymore. I think it's Top 9 or bust for him now and, frankly, I don't see how he draws out of the lineup after scoring the only goal last night. I didn't like a lot of his game otherwise, in particular his decision making with the puck, but I think he stays for now.

As far as Steen on the 3rd line, I get what you're saying but he was so good with Sunny and Barby in the playoffs last year and I'd really like to see that 4th line together most nights. Frankly, I don't think there is anyone you could stick on Thomas' LW that wouldn't develop chemistry with him, so I would be just fine putting Blais there knowing the 3rd and 4th lines will probably get comparable ice time, even if it means keeping the Sanford on the 2nd line experiment alive.
Even Sanford’s goal was all Perron. Anyone could have scored it, and he almost messed it up. I don’t get what Berube sees in him.

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
Sunny out and it doesn’t sound terrible but not great.

"We don't know right now. It is a concern when we lose him. He's a good player for us," Berube said. "It is what it is. We'll see how he is (Wednesday)."

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I thought Schenn had some snarl last night, I'm thinking that he gets 1 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad