GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Calgary| Let's Try This Again |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
When Binnington got run, I was pretty sure the Blues would win the game. The players respond to Binner so much, and he was (rightfully) pissed.

The Blues got away with playing most of this game the way Calgary wants to play, unlike the 5-0 game earlier this year. But I’ll take the needed 2 points and move on.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Faulk is an absolute liability defensively. He’s literally only useful with the puck on his stick. His D-Z coverage and stick detail is absolutely atrocious.
Looks like he doesn't recognize what he needs to do. He plays the puck and not men. I view that tells me he lacks of defensive hockey IQ.
I have been saying that since he got here. I also remember 'Canes fans saying it on the trade boards last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: execwrite1

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This. We too often complain about reffing against us. Reality is game is super fast and hard to ref and there are always lots of bad calls and non-calls both ways.
Tonight it was awful both ways, just another typical game by Gary's blind zebras, but last night vs Vancouver was the most lopsided and biased game of the year thus far.

Reactions: Joshuar56

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Glad to get the 2 points. Showed heart of champion. But we didn’t play well. We were much better against Canucks but Vancouver got strong goaltending against us and Calgary didn’t.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Tonight it was awful both ways, just another typical game by Gary's blind zebras, but last night vs Vancouver was the most lopsided and biased game of the year thus far.
E1C30469-D28A-4CE9-A5CA-0412807EB56B.gif

Reactions: Joshuar56

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
Glad to get the 2 points. Showed heart of champion. But we didn’t play well. We were much better against Canucks but Vancouver got strong goaltending against us and Calgary didn’t.
How often do you see 3 holding calls in one game against the same team? Not very often.

Reactions: Robb_K

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
i like the parings but i think mikkola is ready as well his 5 or 6 game sample size has me sold ...
Oh I agree, but I don't think Bortz is the one bumped by Mikkola, especially since Mikkola is a LD and Bortz a RD. Perhaps if Bouw retires, or Pietrangelo doesn't come back ... It's a good problem to have!

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Oh I agree, but I don't think Bortz is the one bumped by Mikkola, especially since Mikkola is a LD and Bortz a RD. Perhaps if Bouw retires, or Pietrangelo doesn't come back ... It's a good problem to have!

true and i agree ..... its just kinda weird to me to run a r/r paring when we have options waiting in the minors

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Was a pretty fun game to watch, I went with my buddy who's a big Flames fan so we gave each other a hard time whenever our team scored.

On another note, there was a kid beside me who was wearing a Bruins hat and a Bergeron jersey but was cheering for the Blues like he's been a diehard fan for 20 years. Kinda wanted to smack him if I'm being honest. He kept going off about how Pietrangelo should give up the captaincy because he "doesn't help the team enough".

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Was a pretty fun game to watch, I went with my buddy who's a big Flames fan so we gave each other a hard time whenever our team scored.

On another note, there was a kid beside me who was wearing a Bruins hat and a Bergeron jersey but was cheering for the Blues like he's been a diehard fan for 20 years. Kinda wanted to smack him if I'm being honest. He kept going off about how Pietrangelo should give up the captaincy because he "doesn't help the team enough".

I mean, are you sure you weren't at the Enterprise Center?

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The bellyaching about the officiating the last couple game threads makes them nearly unreadable. When did our board get so whiny? There are missed calls and bad calls. ITS ALWAYS LIKE THIS.

Last year should have cemented the notion beyond all doubt: you have to overcome the fluctuations in ref performance to win the Cup. The Blues did that vs San Jose. The Bruins did not do that vs St Louis (the trip no-call).

I am so much more interested in what the Blues players and coaches are doing during the game. Complaining about refs implies that the quality of reffing is going to somehow change. It is not. They’ll pick the best rated guys for the post-season, and they’ll do the best they can, and it will still be inconsistent at times. If the Blues are going to go anywhere, they’ll have to play through that stuff and find ways to win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad