Defenceman Sticks

spoon*

I'm not a D-Man but a Synergy ST is a really durable and good performance wise if you're willing to pay some extra bucks. It just depends how strong you are...it doesn't really make a difference what position you play

Jose Corvo*

I'm not a D-Man but a Synergy ST is a really durable and good performance wise if you're willing to pay some extra bucks. It just depends how strong you are...it doesn't really make a difference what position you play

Synergy ST is the best stick I ever bought.

mooseOAK*

I use a CCM Vector OP-V100, stiff flex and medium curve which I want for playing defence and very durable. It has survived all of the slashing that I have had to do for almost a year now.

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
I have two Bauer Endure shafts, and one Easton ST blade and another with the Endure blade. I like the ST blade because it's very sturdy, and the shaft is reinforced along the top for extra durability against hard slashes and for the times you get under a forward's stick. I like a heavier stick for D to help with the poke checks and stickwork.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Right now I'm using a Response Lite, CNT Stealth and a Dolomite shaft.

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
I take about .3 shots per game on defense, and I block a lot of shots, but for some reason, I use a Synergy. I picked it up at Dick's, it was really light, and I couldn't put it down.

But if you want a shaft that will never break, ever, get an Easton Octane. They're heavy, and cheap, but they can take a beating.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I'd say no not really to the Octane. Yeah it's cheap and heavy, but durable? No. It's just essentially a piece of PVC pipe, you block a shot with it, chances are it'll snap.

technophile

Oct 10, 2005
Austin, TX
www.randomtree.org
I've been using a Nike Quest Apollo I got maybe two years ago, and it's held up great (just need to replace the blades when they wear out).

The blade is probably going to have a bigger impact on your game; it's very much personal preference, but I like a square toe (for digging pucks off the boards), slightly open face (a little help on lifting pucks out of the zone, but not so much that slapshots will tend to leave the rink ;)) blade.

Pat

Oct 3, 2005
Trois-Rivières
I play D and I recently bought a Warrior Dolomite/Jovanovski pattern 100 flex. I like the Jovanovski and Lidstrom patterns alot. suits me well

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Dolomites are excellent sticks and are tanks from what i've heard, haven't personally bought one yet. The Synergy ST is a great stick and is also very durable.

CanadianCommie

Cold North Comrade
Jul 25, 2006
Sherwood Park, AB
I use Easton two-piece sticks. Light enough for offence (taking point shots, leading a rush, etc.) while durable enough to take a beating.

I used a lighter stick most of the time because I rarely pock checked. I found that, since I used my body more often than my stick (really kept the stick infractions down), a light but durable stick was more than enough. If I used my stick a lot I would have preferred something that would have gotten slashed and banged around a lot, probably a good solid wood stick or a heavier composite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad