Deep Rock Galactic

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Anyone played this and if so how do you like it? I was thinking about getting it for PS since its on sale for $17. Reviews look good but i hardly trust a lot of them.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I've never played it myself but have a co-worker who does and they seem to enjoy it with their group of friends. They are the only person I've known who has actually played it though.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I've never played it myself but have a co-worker who does and they seem to enjoy it with their group of friends. They are the only person I've known who has actually played it though.
Apparently the co-op i was reading is almost 100% non-toxic which is a nice change than getting call a di*kfart by 15 year olds in Elden Ring or COD.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I got it when it was a free PS plus game a few months ago. I enjoyed it and kind of feel like jumping back into it now that it's been a while since I last played.

The community is pretty good. To do well and be efficient the game needs a good bit of cooperation but the mechanics are set up in a way that you can cooperate without even using mics. You'll run into a lot of good team players who aren't using mics because of this. You can survive if 3 out of 4 in your group know what they're doing and play as a team but if it's just 2 or less out of the 4 playing smart you're going to have problems once you hit the higher levels.

It does get repetitive after a while and I can see some people thinking it's boring because the entire game is essentially mining for items and killing bugs that pop up while you're in the process of mining. There's no story or character development. For me, it was a fun game to play while listening to podcasts or hockey games because once you get the hang of it you can turn your brain off and do your thing within your squad without needing to think very much. If you're looking for anything deeper or more complex than that I'd say pass on it but if you're just looking for a fun time sink you can play with others then it's a decent buy at that price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad