Player Discussion: Declan Carlile

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
First one in the books for Carlile

Blashill:
"One of the big things we hear about Declan is he's got lots of moxie, lots of confidence. So, he's got to use that to his advantage. The difference a lot of times for young players having success in this league or not having success is just that, confidence. We talked to him this morning, talked about him doing what he does, what's made him successful in the American league. He just has to apply that to the National Hockey League."
Zettler:
"I sat with (Day and Carlile this morning) and just went over a bunch of clips, and they essentially play the same kind of system down there, so they're both comfortable with the way we play. We have confidence in both those guys to go in and get the job done."
Coop:
"That kid did great. That's really exciting times for everyone when someone gets to play in their first NHL game, but it's a little bit of a pisser for me because I've coached damn near 800 of these games, and he's played in 1, and we both have the same amount of wins in this building. So he's got something on me I guess."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2