Pre-Game Talk: Decisions decision decisions

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
I’m honestly surprised Soucy was suspended, the only reason he made contact with McDavid’s face is because Zadorov clobbered Connor with a cross check from behind. If anything I thought Zadorov should face discipline for being the third man in the scuffle and dumping Connor with that dangerous cross check from behind.
Seems to be the general consensus but DOPS can barely even get the suspensions right. Asking way too much from them to actual suspend the right guy lol

Reactions: TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
As soon as I saw zadorov get a 5000 fine I knew they were targetting the wrong guy for suspension. How is two hand cross checking a guy from behind after the game is already over not looked at for a suspension, it's not like zadorov is some model player. That was not even close to a hockey play, that's a hot headed goon seeing someone in a vulnerable position and intentionally trying to hurt him.
Someone better introduce Pettersson or Hughes to Al Bow next game. Need Carrick in to goon it up. Take the suspension, whatever is needed to send the message cheap shots on our star player won’t happen without retribution to yours.

Get f***ing mad for f*** sakes.

Reactions: brentashton

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
For line changes outside of the obvious one in net

Foegele out
McLeod out

Sam Gagner in
Adam Erne in

If you aren’t scoring, at least be involved physically. I like McLeod’s ability to skate the puck out and his defence, but Perry is standing in front of the net and getting in scrums and while Foegele McLeod just skating around

You've been watching Got Yer Back. I know they were pumping up Perry and shitting on McLeod (who rightfully needs to be criticized), but Perry has been invisible outside of that one no-goal. No physicality, nothing. It's him who energizes that line, and he needs to be better. We've seen McL respond accordingly if the leader on the line sets the tone, and Perry has been a passenger so far

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I’m honestly surprised Soucy was suspended, the only reason he made contact with McDavid’s face is because Zadorov clobbered Connor with a cross check from behind. If anything I thought Zadorov should face discipline for being the third man in the scuffle and dumping Connor with that dangerous cross check from behind.
When you have villains like Parros running the DoPS, they protect villains. Zadorov is making headlines drawing interest to the series, no way are they taking him out of the series for even one game.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
It's a fairweather fanbase that has no real allegiance to the sports teams they cheer for. Vancouver sports fans have one guiding principle; chasing the popular trend and hitching themselves to whatever bandwagon is the in thing at the moment.

Never a good day when a sports team gets re-located but thank God they lost the Grizzlies. That market never deserved an NBA team in the first place.
They don't even deserve an NHL team after burning down their cesspool of a city.

Reactions: frag2

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
They outplayed the Canucks in 4 of the past 6 periods. It ultimately comes down to goaltending and defending:
1. Don't give their best goal scorers time and wide open shots, have some structure.
2. Get at least average goal tending.

Accomplish this in the upcoming games and you give yourself a legitimate chance of beating them.
If not, you are done. McDrai scoring 6 points per game points won't change anything about this.

I'm not necessarily a pessimist, but considering that, against the Canucks, this team has now won 0 out of 7 games in regulation, it doesn't give much hope that they will win 3 of 4 games.
"Let's just do it again" will not work. Changes have to be made right now, not mid-game tomorrow nor when the Oilers are down 3-1.

Also: I'm not sure about separating McDrai again. McDavid was invisible without Draisaitl in game 1 while they were together for the sole win in game 2. Combined they also seem to be the only line that is able to apply constant pressure.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It would have been a huge black mark for Soucy to get away with that even if it was an accident. The casual fan thinks of that play as horrific even. Plus it invites too much "accidentally on purpose" mishaps if that is the standard

Reactions: dss97

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
At what point does RNH get called out too? Guy has been downright invisible. He has no ES Points in the last 15 playoff games and is lucky he gets to ride the PP gravy train as the worst member of that unit. If he wasn’t making 5m a year he’d be ran out of town for his disappearance in the playoffs year after year
Hes disappointing but hes probably still contributing more than anyone not named Mcdavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, Ekholm and Bouchard. Which is kinda the problem with this team.

Basically Nurse, Ceci, Skinner and Campbell have sewered this team.

And basically no one other than the 5 mentioned have brought it.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Every Canuck player would gladly pay a $5k fine to land that kind of crosscheck on McDavid.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
You like the Cucks? f***ing gross, bro.
Vancouver has always been an afterthought for me. Didn’t really like/hate them because they didn’t even register. I thought they were PDO princesses this year. I didn’t realize how insufferable their fan base is though. Not sure I’ve encountered something quite like it. Its like a die hard Taylor Swift fan multiplied with a diehard Toronto fan.

Last edited:

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Every Canuck player would gladly pay a $5k fine to land that kind of crosscheck on McDavid.
9 million dollar man nurse needs to lay out petterson and or Hughes same way.

Who am I kidding he'd be suspended for the exact same action.

I'm confident this team can win the next game. They have been the better team by far in all 3 games.

It's been historically awful goaltending which has put us on this spot. Skinner is now playing for a career in the NHL if he gets the start.

If it's pickard could be one of the greatest playoff stories.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
You've been watching Got Yer Back. I know they were pumping up Perry and shitting on McLeod (who rightfully needs to be criticized), but Perry has been invisible outside of that one no-goal. No physicality, nothing. It's him who energizes that line, and he needs to be better. We've seen McL respond accordingly if the leader on the line sets the tone, and Perry has been a passenger so far
I don't know. If Perry had a center that could get the puck to the front of the net maybe Perry could have jammed home a goal or two.

McLeod hasn't gotten a puck to the front of the net in these playoffs a single time I can recall.
Zadorov will get that cash back. He'll get an endorsement from Big Stupid and Ugly.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hes disappointing but hes probably still contributing more than anyone not named Mcdavid, Draisaitl, Hyman, Ekholm and Bouchard. Which is kinda the problem with this team.

Basically Nurse, Ceci, Skinner and Campbell have sewered this team.

And basically no one other than the 5 mentioned have brought it.
So it’s like saying the Edsel was a better car than the AMC Pacer and Chrysler K-car (or for you young’ ins, the Pontiac Aztek). All equally horribad.

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
Late to the party but I think we have to:

Picard start with Campbell riding pine. Campbell has a decent playoff save % but then again has a low high danger save %

Split McDrai up or keep the nuclear option?

Remember game 1? The team got outplayed on every line. They need Drai on line 1 because they don’t give McDavid any space. Opens up the ice for drai.

Carrick or Ryan?
Carrick, Ryan done nothing. Carrick brings an edge and can score. Though may make a mistake..

Henrique ok to play or not?

Foegele or Gagner or Brown?
Gagner or Brown. Leaning to Gagner, I betcha he’d have a spark playing in Edmonton playoffs. Foegele had the yips or something whiffs on passes and shots, gave away a goal on a clear out.

Ceci or Stetcher?
Stetcher if anything to shake it up. That line is terrible right now.

Kane or Hyman on the top line?
Rotate these guys through. See what’s working in game… but Kane hasn’t shown much… might be a spark.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
VD turning into a big muffin this series wasn’t on my list either.
He must be injured or something
For line changes outside of the obvious one in net

Foegele out
McLeod out

Sam Gagner in
Adam Erne in

If you aren’t scoring, at least be involved physically. I like McLeod’s ability to skate the puck out and his defence, but Perry is standing in front of the net and getting in scrums and while Foegele McLeod just skating around
you want to run a line of

Perry Gagner Erne ?

In order to be physical you have to be able to skate fast enough to keep up….

This line would be a disaster

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Mcleod goes to the hardware store with Nuge and can't find the buttonhook aisle.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Reading the comments in the youtube on that leads one to further realize what idiots nucks fans are. To a person they are all applauding the utter cowardice of a simultaneous assault, in front and behind of the best player in the world AFTER the game expired.

Several of them saying "Connor McDavid deserves that"

Interesting how deluded people can become in fan fervor.

its also a cultural signpost of our times that says its OK to attack somebody from behind, its OK for two or more people to assault simultaneously. its the verbal antics of school kids raised to believe that two or more on one is somehow OK, that hitting somebody from behind is somehow honorable. You have to wonder about the socialization of these multitudes with these attitudes.

Idiots like that deserve to be watching a level of hockey that doesn't include great players, just idiots like Soucy. Idiots like this went to the wrong schools in the wrong eras.
Their local radio guys are labotomized. Not a single logical take all day long. Certainly explains some fan opinions when the talking points coming from their media is so angsty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad