Pre-Game Talk: Decisions decision decisions

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
This dude is one of the most embarrassing homers in the industry. One of the best team knob polishers that isn't Eric Francis
We used to call him Farhan Lousy. Terrible take.

The McDavid Soucey situation was largely incidental heat in the moment at game's end. The non-hockey play and suspendible one was after the horn non-hockey behind the back cross check that put McDavid's head down and into the Soucey cross check. Strange to me that the latter isn't the focus of NHL discipline. But not surprised as the league is entirely erratic in all supervisory aspects of the game whether highly volatile standards of officiating or determining suspensions or not.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
It needs to be talked about more how much Knob is being out coached.

Not only with the X and O's of the game but all the surrounding stuff. Tochett is non-stop working the media and refs and its playing out exactly how he wants. Knob looks like he woke up from a nap and cant believe hes woken up on a NHL bench. Moment is wayyyy to big for him.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's the only viable option at this point.

Saying "no" is you being headstrong.

Awaiting the snappy comeback.

The much more obvious and viable option is the goalie who actually played well all year in the NHL this season and had better numbers in both the AHL and NHL.

Reactions: GOilers88

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Vancouver has the best goalie coach in the game (alongside Burke) in Ian Clarke. Oilers have Schwartz
The Canucks have prioritized the goaltending position for like two decades between trades or high pedigree draft picks (1st, 2nd round) to roll out Luongo, Schneider, Markstrom, Demko. Begin with quality ingredients and coaching can make technical refinements and supplement the largely mental component support reality of the position. Conversely, the Oilers have largely tried to recycle old retread goalies and try to thread finding goaltender needle in the draft haystack with a volume approach of largely mid-range draft pick wishes and hopes. I think it took 10 draft picks to sift through and finally have Skinner emerge from the primordial ooze of hockey Darwinism.

Invest better and smarter for the most important position on the ice. Especially on a team that had a largely sub-average NHL defense group for a good long run of the decade in the desert. You get what you pay for.

Reactions: foshizzle

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

60mlcd.jpg
MAY WE HAVE ANOTHER ?

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Skinner or Picard (or Campbell???) - Picard. Skinner's playoff sample size is now large enough to show a pattern of suck.
Split McDrai up or keep the nuclear option? Healthy Drai, split them up. Unhealthy, nuclear. What is it that makes Drai get injured every playoffs?
Carrick or Ryan? I would suggest Ryan over Perry. Carrick looked overwhelmed against LA.
Henrique ok to play or not?
Foegele or Gagner or Brown? Brown looks interested at least. Foegele needs a kick in the butt for puck management, make him watch a game.
Ceci or Stetcher? I would put Stetcher ahead of Ceci and VD (who has been equally as bad)
Kane or Hyman on the top line? Hyman, easy.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Better than nothing

Not much of a player, but might mean they have to bring in a greener D in his place. :dunno:
How so? This is a goon that won't be able to goon it up because he tried to decapitate the best player in the world.

I'd rather Bob Stauffer's little sausage not be suspended and forced to play.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
You know I think he has been worse this year then last lol how is that possible

Yeah. He's been atrocious.

The bright side is Cloutier being Cloutier caused the Canucks to overhaul the way they look at, develop, draft, and manage goaltending as a whole.

Maybe Dan Cloutier... Err Skinner causes us to finally treat the position with the respect it deserves.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Skinner is playing bad, but suggesting Campbell is laughable. Pickard is clearly the next man up.

Idk, I take Campbell over Skinner for sure.

As for Pickard vs Campbell, tbh I think Campbell is higher risk but maybe higher reward. Campbell had some incredible outings in there playoffs as a leaf and was good last year.

I don't think it's a terrible idea.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Im gonna stay optimistic. The levee has gotta break. We hit the post 4 times ffs. We are outplaying them. I would like to see McDavid and Drai split up. I am hoping Henrique is gtg. Might need to put in Carrick as well. Might be time to sit Foegele

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
And now Hymans right?

If nothing he better stay away from the front of the net. He cross checked Zadorov in the face which is much harder to do considering the height difference.
BigZ got a 5k fine for taking a Hyman high stick to the face.

Don't poke the bear or give Zadorov more incentive to hit harder.
Get a load of this cry baby. No one is afraid of Hal Gill, I mean Zadorov.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Maybe the Oilers should play like they have their 3rd string goalie in net and try to stop goals before they happen.
Shot on goal will go down but the Oilers haven't scored more than 3 goals in a game, the puck ended up in the net but there were a couple of own goals
You fluking your way to a post season is just a coincidence. Your team is middle of the road at best. You can thank Skinner because your team is mediocre as hell. You've been stuck in your own zone for 7.5/9 periods so far. The next round will eat you alive because they're teams like us but with a real goalie.

Every year has its overachiever.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
And now Hymans right?

If nothing he better stay away from the front of the net. He cross checked Zadorov in the face which is much harder to do considering the height difference.
BigZ got a 5k fine for taking a Hyman high stick to the face.

Don't poke the bear or give Zadorov more incentive to hit harder.
WTF are you trying to say here?

Reactions: frag2

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
It’s weird because it’s one thing to trash talk. We all do it in our lives and with other fans.

But I’m legit concerned at how incredibly aggressive some Van trolls are. Like some vile vibes they send out into the world.

Be passionate. Be loud. But be human.

I’ve seen Colorado and knights fans say some funny things and some hot takes. But the violent rhetoric I see from some fans is legit concerning and unmatched. Wow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad