Pre-Game Talk: Decisions decision decisions

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Skinner or Picard (or Campbell???)
Split McDrai up or keep the nuclear option?
Carrick or Ryan?
Henrique ok to play or not?
Foegele or Gagner or Brown?
Ceci or Stetcher?
Kane or Hyman on the top line?

Here are my answers even though it might look like panic moves but we have only 5 players going right now - the top pair and the top line.

Picard- can’t trust Stu anymore
Split up McDrai - can’t win with one line
Carrick
Hope Henrique is good to go
Gagner
Stetcher
Hyman

RNH McDavid Hyman
Kane Draisaitl Holloway
Henrique McLoed Perry
Janmark Carrick Gagner

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Stetcher
Kulak VD

Picard
Campbell

Skinner gets the press box to refocus.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Skinner or Picard (or Campbell???)
Split McDrai up or keep the nuclear option?
Carrick or Ryan?
Henrique ok to play or not?
Foegele or Gagner or Brown?
Ceci or Stetcher?
Kane or Hyman on the top line?

Here are my answers even though it might look like panic moves but we have only 5 players going right now - the top pair and the top line.

Picard- can’t trust Stu anymore
Split up McDrai - can’t win with one line
Carrick
Hope Henrique is good to go
Gagner
Stetcher
Hyman

RNH McDavid Hyman
Kane Draisaitl Holloway
Henrique McLoed Perry
Janmark Carrick Gagner

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Stetcher
Kulak VD

Picard
Campbell

Skinner gets the press box to refocus.

They absolutely need to start Pickard at minimum so they don’t start the game a bad goal or two against down unlike with Sewer-t Skinjob in net

I’d make the other changes as well but I doubt they all happen. Maybe one or two of them

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I’m just mentally preparing for the worst and hoping for the best

Pickard has to be in. If Knob doesn’t he can go to Woodcroft island

I would split up Mcdrai. We need to get two lines that can score. I also wonder if you put Kane up with McDavid and Hyman. Let Kane maybe get some fire going after what happened to McD. He can patrol the ice.

Was Vinny hurt? He barely played the 3rd.

Also not sure how you keep Perry in. He literally does nothing…

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Go with this line up.

Draisaitl - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Nuge - Gagner
Holloway - McLeod - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown

Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Desharnais
Broberg - Nurse

Pickard

Unless Henrique can go, he can be slotted in for Gagner.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Go with this line up.

Draisaitl - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Nuge - Gagner
Holloway - McLeod - Perry
Janmark - Ryan - Brown

Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Desharnais
Broberg - Nurse

Pickard

Unless Henrique can go, he can be slotted in for Gagner.
A one line team doesn't work. If Henrique is healthy...

Holloway - McDavid - Hyman
McLeod - Draisaitl - Kane
Henrique - Nuge - Foegele
Janmark - Gagner - Brown

Reactions: belair

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
If Pickard has the net and Skinner is on the bench, I'm more confident than ever being down 2-1. Down 2-1 is not a big deal honestly, also terrible luck last night so many posts and lucky plays. Oilers play with some fire tomorrow, playoffs aren't easy but Pickard in net should be refreshing for the boys!

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
A one line team doesn't work. If Henrique is healthy...

Holloway - McDavid - Hyman
McLeod - Draisaitl - Kane
Henrique - Nuge - Foegele
Janmark - Gagner - Brown
If Henrique and Draisaitl is healthy. I would flip Foegele and Brown. The less icetime for Foegele, the better.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Same things sinking this team that sunk them in the last two post seasons. Holland...

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Skinner's cooked. Knoblauch is a bad poker player and I think his post game presser waffling suggests he's moved on to Pickard for game 4. Team has a low bar asking for only average goaltending. Pickard resets the biggest weakness that has been exploited.

I'd move Nugent Hopkins back to Line 1 and reunite the most dominant line in the regular season. Give McDavid back his distributor guy that can help open ice for him. Draisaitl needs to drive Line 2 with Holloway injected to add speed, heavy forecheck game and with Kane. Can still find time, if needed for McDavid Draisaitl Stack Line in game but there's zero support scoring when this team runs its five best players as a unit.

Carrick in at 4C and Ryan shifted to wing where he can still help with his smart play but have a bigger body taking the centre ice responsibilities. Brown out and Gagner in for an energy boost and greater willingness to play in hard areas. Think Stetcher's capabilities are being overrated. Sounds like Henrique injury has him too compromised.

Nugent Hopkins - McDavid - Draisaitl
Holloway - Draisaitl - Kane
Janmark - McLeod - Gagner
Foegele - Carrick - Ryan

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If Soucey isn’t suspended I would have no issue at all with someone running Hughes from behind or sticking out a knee. If the league won’t send the message that plays like that aren’t acceptable then the team needs to. Sadly I think they’ll come out passive and game 4 will be a low emotion game like has happened in previous years.

Reactions: Mez

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Skinner's cooked. Knoblauch is a bad poker player and I think his post game presser waffling suggests he's moved on to Pickard for game 4. Team has a low bar asking for only average goaltending. Pickard resets the biggest weakness that has been exploited.

I'd move Nugent Hopkins back to Line 1 and reunite the most dominant line in the regular season. Give McDavid back his distributor guy that can help open ice for him. Draisaitl needs to drive Line 2 with Holloway injected to add speed, heavy forecheck game and with Kane. Can still find time, if needed for McDavid Draisaitl Stack Line in game but there's zero support scoring when this team runs its five best players as a unit.

Carrick in at 4C and Ryan shifted to wing where he can still help with his smart play but have a bigger body taking the centre ice responsibilities. Brown out and Gagner in for an energy boost and greater willingness to play in hard areas. Think Stetcher's capabilities are being overrated. Sounds like Henrique injury has him too compromised.

Nugent Hopkins - McDavid - Draisaitl
Holloway - Draisaitl - Kane
Janmark - McLeod - Gagner
Foegele - Carrick - Ryan
Don't know if we can move away from the Nuclear option just yet, until we see how Pickard holds up.

Hoping he doesn't blow 3-goal leads, or let in 4 goals on 16 shots.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I don’t even care which goalie starts at this point. The career backup/AHLer who’s only playoff game was the other night when skinner was pulled, or the guy who’s only consistency in the playoffs so far in his career is that he’s always the second best goalie on the ice.

maybe just go 3F 3D all night. We might be able to shelter Ceci and Nurse that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad