Deciphering the new TV contracts...

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I haven’t looked into it much but I was under the impression that the two NHL tv deals were for national games, the local games should be the same situation as now if nothing changes.

Things could change on the local level though. I believe the Redwings - Bally sports contract expires at the end of the season and it may not get resigned, there are rumors that the Illitchs will start there own channel/Streaming. I haven’t paid too much attention the past few months so things may have changed. I think next season I am just going to do Centre ice + vpn and save myself the headache.

Reactions: bedtime20

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I haven’t looked into it much but I was under the impression that the two NHL tv deals were for national games, the local games should be the same situation as now if nothing changes.

Things could change on the local level though. I believe the Redwings - Bally sports contract expires at the end of the season and it may not get resigned, there are rumors that the Illitchs will start there own channel/Streaming. I haven’t paid too much attention the past few months so things may have changed. I think next season I am just going to do Centre ice + vpn and save myself the headache.

Yeah, I am starting to think Center Ice will be the easiest option.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
It's absolutely insane that I don't have the option to pay to stream Wings games, ALL Wings games, and ONLY Wings games.

I don't want TV, I don't want Disney, I don't want other sports, I don't want other teams, I don't want other garbage. I want exactly one product, I want a quality version of it, and I want to pay a reasonable price for it.

Until megacorporations figure this out, as far as I'm concerned, they're promoting piracy.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's absolutely insane that I don't have the option to pay to stream Wings games, ALL Wings games, and ONLY Wings games.

I don't want TV, I don't want Disney, I don't want other sports, I don't want other teams, I don't want other garbage. I want exactly one product, I want a quality version of it, and I want to pay a reasonable price for it.

Until megacorporations figure this out, as far as I'm concerned, they're promoting piracy.
Agreed. I realize there's more money in spreading things across several platforms. But not having a la carte options for sports in 2021 is ridiculous.

Reactions: golffuul

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad