rr84mt.jpg

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

WESTGARTH MAY PLAY! WAIT...

Philadelphia Flyers vs. Calgary Flames

7:00 PM Mountain Time on SNET-West

__________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________

CalgaryFlames_zpse819b922.jpg

Calgary Flames [14-19-6]
(the standings don't matter, we're having fun here)

Projected Lineup:

Projected lines from flames.nhl.com. To be updated after morning skate:

LEFT WING​
|
CENTER​
|
RIGHT WING​
cammy.jpg
|
backlund.jpg
|
backlund.jpg
MICHAEL CAMMALLERI​
|
MIKAEL BACKLUND​
|
PAUL BYRON​
bouma.jpg
|
stajan.jpg
|
d-jones.jpg
LANCE BOUMA​
|
MATT STAJAN​
|
DAVID JONES​
hudler.jpg
|
monahan.jpg
|
stempniak.jpg
JIRI HUDLER​
|
SEAN MONAHAN​
|
LEE STEMPNIAK​
galiardi.jpg
|
colborne.jpg
|
mcgrattan.jpg
TJ GALIARDI​
|
JOE COLBORNE​
|
BRIAN MCGRATTAN​

LEFT DEFENSE​
|
RIGHT DEFENSE​
giordano.jpg
|
smid.jpg
MARK GIORDANO​
|
LADISLAV SMID​
butler.jpg
|
brodie.jpg
CHRIS BUTLER​
|
TJ BRODIE​
smith.jpg
|
obrien.jpg
DEREK SMITH​
|
SHANE O'BRIEN​

STARTER​
|
BACKUP​
berra.jpg
|
ramo.jpg
RETO BERRA​
|
KARRI RAMO​

The Bandaid Brigade:

Dennis Wideman - Injured Reserve. Fractured Hand. 28 Nov - Present (Week to Week)
Curtis Glencross - Injured Reserve. High Ankle Sprain. 21 Dec - Present (8 Weeks)
Kris Russell - Injured Reserve. 2nd Degree MCL Sprain (4-6 Weeks)
Blair Jones - Meniscal Tear (Indefinite)

PhiladelphiaFlyers_zpsa8b3b65a.jpg

Philadelphia Flyers [19-16-4]

Projected Lineup:
Projected lines from last Flyers GTD

Michael Raffl - Claude Giroux - Jakub Voracek
Scott Hartnell - Brayden Schenn - Wayne Simmonds
Matt Read - Sean Couturier - Vincent Lecavalier
Zac Rinaldo - Adam Hall - Steve Downie

Kimmo Timonen - Braydon Coburn
Nicklas Grossmann - Mark Streit
Andrej Meszaros - Luke Schenn

Ray Emery
Steve Mason

[NHL]525088[/NHL] [NHL]525115[/NHL]

flames.nhl.com said:
Last 10: Philadelphia 6-2-2; Calgary 3-5-2

Season series: This is the first of two games between the Philadelphia Flyers and Calgary Flames. The teams have not played since Feb. 25, 2012, when the Flyers won 5-4 in a shootout at Scotiabank Saddledome.

Big story: The Flyers have won the first two games of a six-game road trip that will see them travel through Western Canada to close out 2013 before games at the Colorado Avalanche, Phoenix Coyotes and New Jersey Devils to ring in the new year.

Calgary has been shut out in consecutive games and is 1-2-0 on its five-game homestand, which started with a come-from-behind 4-3 shootout win against the St. Louis Blues on Dec. 23.

Team Scope:

Flyers: Claude Giroux extended his point streak to nine games with a goal and an assist in a 4-3 shootout win against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday. Brayden Schenn snapped a 16-game scoring drought to tie the game Monday with 47 seconds left in the third.

Steve Mason made 41 saves in regulation and overtime before stopping all three attempts in the breakaway tiebreaker.

Philadelphia is 5-1-0 in its past six games, but Giroux feels there's room for improvement.

"We can be better," he said. "At some points during the game we are playing well but we need to be consistent. When we played the way we want to play we got goals."

Flames: Calgary is 25th in the NHL with 2.36 goals per game. The Flames' offensive woes have been apparent in back-to-back 2-0 losses to the Edmonton Oilers and Canucks.

Coach Bob Hartley had his team working on putting the puck in the net during practice Monday.

"Basically, 95 percent of practice was on scoring goals, like net plays, entering zones, creating some options offensively," he said. "And I think that not only is it confidence, scoring goals is something that can become very fragile. Suddenly, you don't think that you'll score another goal ever, and that's not the case. But I think that we just have to keep going, being sharper around the net. We're losing lots of pucks around the blue paint, where I think the vast majority of goals are being scored in this league."

The Flames traded Greg Nemisz, their 2008 first-round pick (No. 25), to the Carolina Hurricanes for right wing Kevin Westgarth on Monday. Nemisz appeared in 15 games with Calgary in 2010-11 and 2011-12, earning one assist.

Who's hot: Giroux has 12 points (four goals) his past six games. Forward Wayne Simmonds has seven goals his past six games. … Flames goalie Reto Berra has stopped 54 of 57 shots (.947 save percentage) the past two games, both losses.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Place your vWagers here

banner-cgygfg_zps690b80e9.jpg

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If the plan was to scratch Galiardi in favour of Westgarth, might as well dress Granlund instead now that Westgarth is delayed.

Also would like to see Hudler and Cammalleri switch places.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
GDT should be fully serviceable now.

Looks good. I was just about to jump on a desktop to get one done until this one came along.

Maybe we should consider a system. A priority list or a sign up sheet perhaps? Id like to hear from our fellow Flames members

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I put some coin on this one. But a part of me wants the Flyers in the playoff mix, allowing for more buyers than sellers at the deadline.

But damn it, I want to see a bloody Flames goal!!

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Maybe we should consider a system. A priority list or a sign up sheet perhaps? Id like to hear from our fellow Flames members

As per our earlier discussion, I am all for it as it eliminates this last minute jumpiness and allows for discussion to start much earlier.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
d-jones.jpg
mcgrattan.jpg
obrien.jpg

Taranis try these 3 img codes for these players, the ones in your GDT aren't working.

Looks good. I was just about to jump on a desktop to get one done until this one came along.

Sticky a GDT sign up sheet. People can pick and choose the games they want and if they don't have it done by a certain time it becomes fair game for whomever

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I noticed sometimes today they show up and sometimes they don't. Try reloading the page and see if it appears. Might be a host server issue or maybe my end, ill check it out.
i am not sure but i found adding a dash between d and jones made it work and making the names of obrien and mcgrattan all lower case made them work, had the same issue in my gdt last time

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
My 2 favourite teams playing, I'll still be cheering for our boys though. I think the Flyers win this 5-2.

Go Flames Go!!!!!!!

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
i am not sure but i found adding a dash between d and jones made it work and making the names of obrien and mcgrattan all lower case made them work, had the same issue in my gdt last time

Adopted your suggested changes, is everything good for you now? I cleared everything browser related and it looks good to me.

Last edited:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'm predicting a 4 - 3 OT/SO win for our boys!

Hoping Monahan, Cammy & Stemp find the back of the net!

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Agreed. If you ever look at other teams GDT's you really appreciate the work you guys have done in creating this template we use, from the cartoon head shots to the team logos to the overall format.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad