GDT: Dec. 30 • Group A • Canada 5, Slovakia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Anyone complaining about Drouin getting kicked out of the faceoff at the end should have been watching Ekblad trying to jump the line early, guaranteed that's why he was tossed

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Petan and Dumba are both liabilities 5on5. Petan is losing battles and races all over the ice, refuses to get a puck deep. Dumba has terrible decision making and refuses to make a safe simple play.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The Slovaks are playing Canada very well down low. They have to get moving their feet/cycle, work the points and get to the net. When they get the puck down low and just stand there, it's pointless.

And Canada's breakouts/neutral zone play has been very poor today.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Mantha reminds me of Rick Nash, the Quebec players have been the best in this game for Canada and more deserved to be there. I hope people will stop overating the Q.

underrating?

Mantha looks more like Heatley to me. Strong within 5 feet of the net with good hands. Rest of his game needs a lot of work for the pro level though.

agreed.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Early in the tournament still, but there seem to be quite a few passengers on Team Canada. There's a few guys who, thus far, don't look like they're at the level needed to do well in this high level tournament.

Leaf fans might get upset, but what exactly does Gauthier do?

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Just one bad call, that Dumba tripping. And we didn't score from that. So please, don't tell me refs are the reason Canada is losing.

I am a Canadian fan, and I agree, really just 1 penalty call that was poor.

Canadian playing poor defense and are giving the Slovaks chance after chance on the PP.

The slovaks big line is something to watch.

Jan 3, 2012
You mean juniors, right?

That's what all the Wild fans have been wondering. It's not good for anybody for Dumba to be in over his head at the NHL level and then not even get into games.

Our coach is terrible though, he should be fired in the next few days here, and hopefully Dumba goes to Portland (where he had his rights traded).

He's been on a bad Red Deer team for so long, it would be nice to see what he does on a decent team.

But yeah, right now it's not looking good having taken Dumba over Trouba, Forsberg, etc.

Yes, juniors, and thanks.

Send him to Portland.

Trouba is soo good.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Mantha's nose for the net is incredible. Man, is he garbage at every other aspect of the game though, haha.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I expect Drouin will shut his mouth in the third. Seriously, I've never seen him yap that much before. He usually lets his play do the talking.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Griffin Reinhart will be this team's saviour, gives them a solid number one dman. D needs to jump into the play more, protecting the puck down low isn't generating anything if no shots are fired or no one pinches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia