Post-Game Talk: Dec 19 2015 - LA Kings @ Maple Leafs - Shut-out: Page 17 PGT Starts

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
I didn't see any pgt or gdt so here we go.

Would be pretty sweet if Bernier got his first win tonight vs his previous team. But that will also require him to stop first couple of shots, which, frankly, is a bit challenging.

Go Leafs Go. :yo:

Last edited by a moderator:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Cor must be having that date with Taylor Swift, that he talked about..? (My bad... I let the secret out, Cor..) :laugh: :sarcasm:

Marlies are first in the AHL.., Everyone..!! :nod::handclap::handclap::yo::yo:

I am really kind of hoping that we see Bibeau get a game or two, this time around.. TRo me, he's the best part of our goaltending future.. and I am eager to see him get a full game in, even though his pre-season half-games have been commendable.. Marlies play again today...

Here's hoping for a great win tonight, over the Kings..! We're due for a big Leaf goal night...

Rolling Over Kings: Leafs vs Kings Match-Up/Montage - TML

GO LEAFS GO !!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets 1h
Antoine Bibeau recalled from Marlies. He'll back up Bernier tonight.
-------------------------------------
Kyle Cicerella @KyleTheReporter 13h
Marlies score three shorthanded goals in third period to erase Pens' 3-0 lead and force overtime. Battle of top two teams in the league
Toronto Marlies @TorontoMarlies 17h
The #Marlies have signed goaltender Ray Emery to a PTO.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
maple-leafs-vs-kings.png

Maple Leafs Turn Back To Bernier Against Kings

KINGS (20-9-2) at MAPLE LEAFS (10-13-7)

TV: CBC- FS-W

Season Series: The Toronto Maple Leafs and Los Angeles Kings each won a home game last season. Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul scored the lone shootout goal in a 4-3 win at Air Canada Centre on Dec. 14, 2014; Kings forward Anze Kopitar had a goal and an assist in a 2-0 win at Staples Center on Jan. 12, 2015.

Kings Team Scope: Jeff Carter, Tanner Pearson and Tyler Toffoli, known as "That '70s Line," were reunited at practice Friday. This is the finale of a six-game road trip for Los Angeles, which improved to 3-1-1 with a 3-0 win against the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday. The Kings get a home game Tuesday against the San Jose Sharks, then go right back on the road for four games following the Christmas break. "They've managed it," coach Darryl Sutter told LA Kings Insider. "The toughest part was the earliest part of the trip, for sure. For sure, it's not the end of it." Goalie Jonathan Quick comes off his 39th career shutout, a 45-save performance. Kopitar's goal against the Canadiens gave him a four-game point streak (one goal, three assists).

Maple Leafs Team Scope: Goalie Jonathan Bernier will make his second start and play in his third straight game since being recalled following a conditioning stint in the American Hockey League. "We fully support [Bernier]," captain Dion Phaneuf told the Maple Leafs website Friday. "We're going to get one for [Bernier] here and we're going to turn it around for him." Toronto has lost consecutive 5-4 games in overtime to the Tampa Bay Lightning and San Jose Sharks. Bernier relieved Garret Sparks against the Sharks on Thursday after Sparks sustained a lower-body injury that coach Mike Babcock told The Canadian Press will sideline the goaltender until after Christmas. Goalie James Reimer is making progress in his recovery from a groin injury but is not ready to return. Goalie Antoine Bibeau will be recalled to back up Bernier. Forward Nick Spaling sustained an upper-body injury against the Sharks and also is out until after Christmas.

---> http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020485

Last edited:

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
This an interesting game y'all know it for certainly. Bernier now has a chance to win a hockey game. Against his former team man. Against that.

It's a challenge for certainly and y'all know this. We have a chance. LA is playing tight and wants that 0-1 win. We can play a tie and get in the overtime and all. Closer to the playoffs is the key. Trianle crossfire is the key.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If I had said

"Our two best goalies are injured in December"

In September, how many of you would have

A) Said Garrett Sparks is one of the two
B) Said Jonathan Bernier is not

Just craziness

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If I had said

Just craziness

then add to that our leading scorer is Leo Komarov.

this is bizarro land.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
If I had said

Just craziness

Imo.., Bibeau has yet to have a chance, to show that he is actually the best... :D :nod:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
then add to that our leading scorer is Leo Komarov.

this is bizarro land.

It's also bizarro for me, watching the neighbours walk to the store in shorts, six days before X-mas...,
while it is snowing outside.. :amazed: :laugh:

Besides... I have always been a believer in Koma.... He's a steal, for what he does...

Newest one for him..., with all his goals so far...

The Grinder: Leo Komarov's First Ten Goals & Hits - TML 2015-16

Last edited:

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets 1h
Antoine Bibeau recalled from Marlies. He'll back up Bernier tonight.
Kyle Cicerella @KyleTheReporter 13h
Marlies score three shorthanded goals in third period to erase Pens' 3-0 lead and force overtime. Battle of top two teams in the league
Toronto Marlies @TorontoMarlies 17h
The #Marlies have signed goaltender Ray Emery to a PTO.

Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets 30m
Leafs stand a good chance of winning, Cor didn't make the GDT on hfboards..

:sarcasm:

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets 51m
Jonathan Bernier out 10 minutes prior to the main group this morning with coach Steve Briere. #TMLtalk
------------------------------------------
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets 47m
Antoine Bibeau is here following overnight journey from Wilkes Barre.
-----------------------------------------
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets 15s
Antoine Bibeau and Willy Nylander were driven from Wilkes Barre to Newark. Bibeau then flew to Island Airport while Willy flew to Sweden.
-----------------------------------------
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets 41m
Leaf line rushes:
JVR-Bozak-Parenteau
Grabner-Kadri-Komarov
Winnik-Holland-Lupul
Mathias-Froese-Boyes #TMLtalk
----------------------------------------

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
It's also bizarro for me, watching the neighbours walk to the store in shorts, six days before X-mas...,
while it is snowing outside.. :amazed: :laugh:

Also, it's like -10. Your neighbours are crazy.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
According to L.A.Kings HF GDT (line-up)

Lucic - Kopitar - Gaborik
Mersch - Carter - Toffoli
Pearson - Shore - Brown
Andreoff - Weal - Nolan

McNabb - Doughty
Muzzin - Martinez
Ehrhoff - McBain

Quick
Enroth

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Would be nice to see Bernier get his first win against his former team, although I'm fully expecting him to be shelled and pulled before the third period.

GLG!!!

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
My favourite team is playing my second favourite team and my favourite player. Today is a good day :)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
There have been so many games this season where I thought it would get ugly, but it just didn't. Somehow Toronto will keep this one close, even though they probably shouldn't.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Maple Leafs-Los Angeles Kings: Saturday game preview

The Kings hold a nine-point lead for first place in the Pacific Division.

By: Mark Zwolinski Sports reporter, Published on Fri Dec 18 2015

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key matchup: Kings goalie Jonathan Quick is at the top of his game and will provide a challenge to the Leafs and top scorers James van Riemsdyk and Leo Komarov. Quick stopped all 45 shots he faced in a 3-0 shutout win over Montreal Thursday. He has two shutouts and 17 wins — second in the NHL behind Washington’s Braden Holtby.

Top talent: The Kings’ Anze Kopitar has 13 points in his last 13 games while Drew Doughty continues to be one of the NHL’s top defenders. He scored a goal against Montreal and is arguably the leading candidate for the Norris Trophy at this point in the season.

Top spot: The Kings hold a nine-point lead for first place in the Pacific Division. They look like Stanley Cup contenders once again, and if they win their division it would be just the second such title in franchise history. Their only other division title came in 1990-91, when they won the Smythe. They were the eighth seed for their first Cup in 2012; third for their second in 2014.

Break time: Kings coach Darryl Sutter took his team for a two-day respite to Mont Tremblant following a loss to Ottawa Tuesday. Sutter said wins in Montreal and Toronto mean more than just two points; he feels its important for his players to take in the Stanley Cup traditions in the two cities and appreciate the love of the game in both locations.

Up next: Dec. 21, at Colorado Avalanche, 9 p.m., Sportsnet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad