Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Connor buts its closer than the results are. Debrusk is underrated IMO

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Connor but debrusk is a amazing player himself. Connor has better linemates but i just see him as a bit more dynamic amd able to drive a line better than debrusk in the future. Debrusk so far has shown to be a high end playoff player.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'd love both on my team any day, and I really like DeBrusk's game, but I think Connor will generally have too big of a production gap to ignore. And Connor isn't a slouch outside of that production either.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Neither of DeBrusk linemates can score so he kind of has to try and make it happen himself, I think he could eventually captain the team.

Homer vote, both are great players though.

It's bizarre to feel that way after only one full season, but I totally agree

There is just something about him

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Connor quite comfortably. DeBrusk is a great two-way winger but I will always go with the player with more talent and I don't think that's even debatable between these two.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Connor, stupidly easy decision IMO.

I actually prefer DeBrusk.
Connor (much more than Barzal) was the guy I wanted them picking instead of Senyshyn - and am disappointed they don't have both. I'm a Bruins fan but love Winnipeg (city, cottage country and team) and really like Connors game.

I just really liked DeBrusk in juniors and think he has both higher upside, better chance to reach it and is a better player at the moment. - he's very good.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It's bizarre to feel that way after only one full season, but I totally agree

There is just something about him

Agree - it's bizarre but I feel the same way.
For people saying Connor easily - I get it. He's a great young player.
DeBrusk though, he just has That about him. He's going to be one of the league's favourite players in a few years and has 'Captain' pretty much written into him.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
haven't watched Debrusk enough this year to give a qualified opinion, but just beyond stat watching (in which Connor laps him), Connor's game this year took another step vs last year. Very well-rounded, strong defensively and consistent effort, and showed he's not a product of Schiefele-Wheeler (not that many Jets fans doubted it). I think he'll eventually be on the PK2 permanently too and wouldn't be surprised if he excels in that role.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Kyle Connor is probably cracking 70 points this year. DeBrusk will need to pick up his game to hit 50. I really like DeBrusk's game, but he has an awfully long way to go to be compared to Kyle Connor.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I actually prefer DeBrusk.
Connor (much more than Barzal) was the guy I wanted them picking instead of Senyshyn - and am disappointed they don't have both. I'm a Bruins fan but love Winnipeg (city, cottage country and team) and really like Connors game.

I just really liked DeBrusk in juniors and think he has both higher upside, better chance to reach it and is a better player at the moment. - he's very good.

That's fair, i'll fully admit i've only watched both players 2-3 times each this season. DeBrusk just was invisible in the games i've watched, whereas Connor was very noticeable making great defensive plays, playmaking abilities, etc.

Reactions: b in vancouver

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
That's fair, i'll fully admit i've only watched both players 2-3 times each this season. DeBrusk just was invisible in the games i've watched, whereas Connor was very noticeable making great defensive plays, playmaking abilities, etc.

So you condescendingly called this thread stupid without even knowing enough to have the right to be condescending. Interesting.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

No worries. None of us get to watch all the players enough. And no problem with people choosing Connor - really like Connor. It's all for fun.
DeBrusk flies under the radar as commentators will talk about Pasta and McAvoy and fans will talk about whom was drafted after him and stuff - however there's nothing to not like about his game. If you like Connor you'll love DeBrusk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad