Last season:

DeBrincat 2/3 on shootouts
Raymond 2/5
Perron 2/7
Larkin 1/7
Sprong 0/2
Compher 0/2
Fischer 0/1

Shootouts are quite rare nowadays, but DeBrincat is definitely best on that group. Then Raymond, and rest guys are quite crap.

One season before DeBrincat was 4/5 for Chicago.

With that accuracy, he'll be our shoot-out starter like Pavel was in good old times. If the starter will succeed, it's something like 90% probablility to win the whole shootout. Great starter will help a lot.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think this line would lose a lot of puck battles....

DeBrincat doesn't lose many puck battles. - don't let his size, or lack of pounds fool you
Does Larkin lose many puck battles?

also :

17-22 DeBrincat

most hits by Hawks forwards; 304
most blocked shots by Hawks forwards : 127
2nd most take away by Hawks forwards : 223 (Toews 231)

led all Hawks forwards in puck possession stats

also

From 186 assists, 70% been primary. (130/186)

No one should focus on his last season, it was due to many things; one due to shitty coaching, as in coach had no idea how to use him correctly

Last edited:

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Last season:

DeBrincat 2/3 on shootouts
Raymond 2/5
Perron 2/7
Larkin 1/7
Sprong 0/2
Compher 0/2
Fischer 0/1

Shootouts are quite rare nowadays, but DeBrincat is definitely best on that. Then Raymond, and rest guys are quite crap.
I appreciate that you made a list similar to mine, but opted for the smaller sample size. Never change, Henkka :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'm hoping Shitty Kitty lights it up, so no predictions. I'm always wrong when I get optimistic, lol.

I'm pretty sure Ray won't be on the top line, which means his production will stay down. He's had a hard time producing when playing with anyone besides DBoss. The only hope there is that he clicks with Compher, but I don't see that being much better than Copp.

Edit: I posted it in a different thread, but my prediction is that the Michigan boys (Kitty/DBoss/Copp) wind up on the same line to make Copp's contract look good. I suppose it could be Compher and not Copp.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Hopefully it gives the team a bit of a confidence boost as it pushes some guys down the lineup card while also telling the locker room and the league Detroit is not going to perpetually rebuild..

Reactions: Henkka

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
My dream lineup in 3-4 years would look something like this:

DeBrincat-Larkin-Raymond
Mazur-Kasper-Buchelnikov
Rasmussen-Danielson-Lombardi
Kostin-Compher-Copp

Edvinsson-Seider
Wallinder-ASP
Walman-Gibson

I think this would be one of the deepest teams in the league, and without any truly elite stars we're going to have to win this way (Vegas style). You've got scoring and toughness on every single line (except maybe the DLR line, but Larkin is pretty tough), and they're all responsible defensively. You could give 17,16,15 ES minutes for the top 3 lines (run 3 scoring lines) and then 12 minutes to the 4th line as a shutdown group. On defense, every pairing is responsible without any huge liabilities.

As far as I can tell, this is the kind of group Yzerman is trying to build.

Way too many farmhands. WAY too many farmhands.

Dtybur

Jan 14, 2021
I'm hoping Shitty Kitty lights it up, so no predictions. I'm always wrong when I get optimistic, lol.

I'm pretty sure Ray won't be on the top line, which means his production will stay down. He's had a hard time producing when playing with anyone besides DBoss. The only hope there is that he clicks with Compher, but I don't see that being much better than Copp.

Edit: I posted it in a different thread, but my prediction is that the Michigan boys (Kitty/DBoss/Copp) wind up on the same line to make Copp's contract look good. I suppose it could be Compher and not Copp.
I think, and would hope, that you give your highest draft pick in your re build every chance to succeed. He bounced all over the line up last season, and his point production fell. Some of that is on him, but he's not some veteran who can slide up and down the line up. Whether Raymond is , or isn't worthy of his draft status, he's still worthy of every effort this organization can bring to bear in making sure they get the most value from him.

Reactions: jkutswings

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think, and would hope, that you give your highest draft pick in your re build every chance to succeed. He bounced all over the line up last season, and his point production fell. Some of that is on him, but he's not some veteran who can slide up and down the line up. Whether Raymond is , or isn't worthy of his draft status, he's still worthy of every effort this organization can bring to bear in making sure they get the most value from him.

By trading for DeBrincat, Stevie put the team into win mode. Being a top 10 draft pic doesn't guarantee first line minutes. Look at the top 2 picks from that awful draft class.

If ADB and Ray can manage to hold their own on the same line, then sure. But I'm pretty sure Lalonde will put a defensively sound "Piano Puller" on the top line, because he's the type of coach that would. We're all just guessing here, and my guess is Copp on the top line.

It's not just Ray, none of the wingers produced last year without Larkin. It's why I wanted Horvat more than DeBrincat. I don't think Compher is any better than Copp. I think Ray would actually do better with Fabbri as a center. We'll find out in a few months.

Reactions: Dtybur

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
On top of that, as someone who spent way too much time watching all of Cat's goals, I can say he buried many while on breakaways.

He's genuinely excellent when he has even a little time and space against a goalie.
Appears an awful lot with overtime goals in those highlight packages too.

DeBrincat is a major acquisition, he has a massive impact. One of the biggest being he slots guys correctly. I think he can help Raymond a lot, they both like cross ice passes and I think could play well of each other. DeBrincat is a first line LW, he provides that level of talent to the first line every night. Now you're not asking someone to play above station. Seider does this in a more pronounced way with being the #1 on D, but each time you can slot guys into better roles for success it helps the team massively.

Last edited:

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
In the bigger picture it’s interesting that a group of Michigan guys have chosen to play in Detroit. You can’t count any chickens before they’ve hatched and some chickens may not want to go home but hopefully this can be a bit of a trend.

Reactions: saska sault

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
In the bigger picture it’s interesting that a group of Michigan guys have chosen to play in Detroit. You can’t count any chickens before they’ve hatched and some chickens may not want to go home but hopefully this can be a bit of a trend.

Alot of kids grew up watching the Wings have that great 25 year run. Lots of cap situations coming up around the league.. I could see some michigan talent being open to come back. Been lots of rumors but maybe Steve didn't like the price until now.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Alot of kids grew up watching the Wings have that great 25 year run. Lots of cap situations coming up around the league.. I could see some michigan talent being open to come back. Been lots of rumors but maybe Steve didn't like the price until now.
They also finally see a team on rise instead of miserable tanking crap team.

It makes the major diffefence.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
They also finally see a team on rise instead of miserable tanking crap team.

It makes the major diffefence.

Of course, I appreciate the time line being slowly pushed forward as a fan. Dont move too many future assets, but improve where you can when the price is right.
I also appreciate the fact Yzerman is betting on 2 things. 1 - Debrincat is the goal scorer we needed, we have too many playmakers so 1 or 2 should work with him.
2 - Debrincat wants to be here long term, this is his high end "bridge contract" and we can resign you in 3 years if you prove you are worth 8-9 long term. He is only 25, could extend at 28?

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Forward 2022-23 WAR numbers:

NHL leader:
Connor McDavid 10.20

Dylan Larkin 3.31
Daniel Sprong 2.79
David Perron 2.06
Alex DeBrincat 1.30
Jonatan Berggren 1.18
JT Compher 1.14
Christian Fischer 0.88
Klim Kostin 0.83
Lucas Raymond 0.57
Michael Rasmussen 0.56
Elmer Söderblom 0.51
(Dominik Kubalik 0.41)
Joe Veleno 0.31
(Filip Zadina 0.21)
Robby Fabbri -0.09
(Adam Erne -0.50)
Andrew Copp -1.54

All new guys have positive WAR.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Forward 2022-23 WAR numbers:

NHL leader:
Connor McDavid 10.20

Dylan Larkin 3.31
Daniel Sprong 2.79
David Perron 2.06
Alex DeBrincat 1.30
Jonatan Berggren 1.18
JT Compher 1.14
Christian Fischer 0.88
Klim Kostin 0.83
Lucas Raymond 0.57
Michael Rasmussen 0.56
Elmer Söderblom 0.51
(Dominik Kubalik 0.41)
Joe Veleno 0.31
(Filip Zadina 0.21)
Robby Fabbri -0.09
(Adam Erne -0.50)
Andrew Copp -1.54

All new guys have positive WAR.

LOL, Copp.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I think he is going to put us top half of the league on the power play. That alone might have us battling for that 8th seed if the team can stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad