Deathloop

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Looks like we don't have a dedicated thread for the game. Absolutely killing it in every review I've read. I purchased and downloaded yesterday, but by the time it unlocked at 11:00 CST I didn't think I had enough time to start it. Looking forward to it!

Reactions: Static

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I haven't really seen or read much about it, saw it was getting great reviews but haven't taken the time to actually read any of them, so I am pardon the pun out of the loop on this one

Is there a single player storyline to this game? I saw something about it being 2 assassins trying to kill each other over and over, is this an online game or is there some depth to it?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Great reviews. For me, this is a wait-for-sale game. Got a lot in the backlog to beat before this one.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Since i don't have a ps5, i will wait until it inevitably comes out on Xbox gamepass where i can get it for free.

Just have to wait a whole year. Most likely will forget that this game even exists though.

Reactions: Jussi

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It's a mashup of games like hades and Dishonored/Prey. Very unique. I guess mooncrash was like that but on a much smaller scale.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm definitely intrigued from the reviews, but since returning to gaming fairly regularly a few years ago, I've never been able to get into first-person games -- tried Wolfenstein and it didn't take and then briefly with Cyberpunk, though really I set that down because I didn't want to burn my PS4 slim. Now I have a PS5 and money to burn, but I wish there was a demo or something. I'm likely going to keep waiting for a sale, since I have a bunch of other games I could be playing.

Reactions: robertmac43

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'm definitely intrigued from the reviews, but since returning to gaming fairly regularly a few years ago, I've never been able to get into first-person games -- tried Wolfenstein and it didn't take and then briefly with Cyberpunk, though really I set that down because I didn't want to burn my PS4 slim. Now I have a PS5 and money to burn, but I wish there was a demo or something. I'm likely going to keep waiting for a sale, since I have a bunch of other games I could be playing.

Releasing right now should make it a good possibility to be a 50% off Christmas time special, if you have other stuff might as well wait a bit

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Releasing right now should make it a good possibility to be a 50% off Christmas time special, if you have other stuff might as well wait a bit

Thanks, yeah I was figuring there will at least be a decent discount by the holidays. Not to derail the thread with other game talk, but I am probably going to start Yakuza: Like A Dragon, and am really busy from now through the end of November/early December, so there's a good chance that it will take me nearly that long to play it. Plus I have some major Switch games that I've not touched, and Dragon Quest XI for PS4/5 too.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone here is playing it. I like the concept and how it seems to have a pretty deep single-player story and gameplay regimen, really. For whatever reason up until I saw this thread/looked at reviews, I thought it was basically a multiplayer / online type game.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Thanks, yeah I was figuring there will at least be a decent discount by the holidays. Not to derail the thread with other game talk, but I am probably going to start Yakuza: Like A Dragon, and am really busy from now through the end of November/early December, so there's a good chance that it will take me nearly that long to play it. Plus I have some major Switch games that I've not touched, and Dragon Quest XI for PS4/5 too.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone here is playing it. I like the concept and how it seems to have a pretty deep single-player story and gameplay regimen, really. For whatever reason up until I saw this thread/looked at reviews, I thought it was basically a multiplayer / online type game.

Yeah it had that look to me too, I promised the wife I wouldn't buy any new games the rest of the year so she can have something to get me for Xmas so, I'll probably put this one on her list, thankfully like many I have a backlog that needs a lot of work

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I haven't really seen or read much about it, saw it was getting great reviews but haven't taken the time to actually read any of them, so I am pardon the pun out of the loop on this one

Is there a single player storyline to this game? I saw something about it being 2 assassins trying to kill each other over and over, is this an online game or is there some depth to it?

Ok first of all online games and games with depth aren't exclusive.

Secondly, the game is very much in the vein of the other games Arkane has made like Dishonored and Prey. There is a rich world to explore, you can play it single-player if you wish.

The only multiplayer element is that one of the player's targets, is played by a human character. You can make that last character, Julianna, into an AI enemy if you wish, whether in the options or simply by yanking your ethernet cable out of the PS5.

Imagine Julianna as a Dark Souls invasion mechanic. If you want to play as her, you will be her in another player's game, as they play as the main single-player character, Colt.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm interested but I'm not interested at $90 especially not with far cry 6, and Alan wake coming, and Horizon forbidden west being just a few months away, plus I still don't have RE8

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Deathloop is already the most overrated game of the year - Reader’s Feature
I guess there’s a good chance the game is a success, because being so easy there’s probably a lot of people that are going to enjoy feeling like a badass and pretending to themselves that they’re solving this super difficult jigsaw puzzle of a game, but it’s all an illusion.

Deathloop is the most empty and pointless game I’ve played in a long time and even after beating it – and making sure I didn’t skip a secret ending or something – I still have this weird feeling that I must’ve missed something.

It definitely sounds like a "wait for a sale" type of game.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The game will be on game pass in a year with the mouse issues resolved. Theres definitely no reason to pay full price unless you're a Playstation only gamer who is dying to play it right now.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
It’s as close to a prefect game as you’re going to get except for one thing which the Developers getting roasted over the coals about this week - Accessibility.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
not much of an FPS gamer anymore (Cyberpunk was the last straw I thought) but this game is an absolute blast to play...pin-point controls, fun story, excellent and funny characters and good depth in terms of arsenal

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Looking forward to giving this another shot once I finish up Cyberpunk in a few days. I'm going to guess that the Xbox release details will be part of their show in a month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad