Dear Anze Kopitar,

1dude

Aug 26, 2008
California
You guys are too much.

Okay, they had a ****** game yesterday, according to all of you. I cannot comment on it since I was away and did not get to see it.

This team has made it to the WCF. They are one of four teams standing. And we have one lousy game, one lousy loss. Last I looked, it took 4 games to win a series.

Get a grip on yourselves. There are 26 other teams that would love to be in our position. And there are mostly fans of at least three teams actively rooting, begging, that we get our ***** handed to us.

It's a fun time of the season. Enjoy it.

:handclap:

totally agree

Ron*

I'd like to think I'm not in the minority here, but I'm not going to be upset if we lose....I'm just getting pissed in how we are losing. I don't expect the Kings to win the cup again, hell, I didn't expect for them to win it last year....but its just mind-boggling that this years teams is SO much different than last year, yet we basically have the same line-up. Why was it SO important for us to keep this team together if they aren't going to play like it?

I don't need the Kings to win, but I do need them to show up. We know that this team can put in a hell of an effort...and they certainly shouldn't have to rely on Quick to keep them in it every night.

Re: bolded part:

The Lakers of 2001 steam-rolled the opposition in one of the most dominating runs anyone has ever seen in the NBA playoffs, going 15-1.

The following year, the same team struggled and barely beat the Sacramento Kings in the WCF. They were down by 9 points in game 7 in Sacramento and still found a way to win. True, they did go 15-4 in the playoffs that year, but primarily because they faced an inferior New Jersey team in the finals and swept them.

My point is that the opposition is gunning for the champs. Defending your title is so much harder than getting it. I would say that's one of the reasons why the Kings are facing so much adversity this playoff season.

I would say another reason is real clear: A lot of these guys are playing injured. That just didn't happen last season.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
I'd like to think I'm not in the minority here, but I'm not going to be upset if we lose....I'm just getting pissed in how we are losing. I don't expect the Kings to win the cup again, hell, I didn't expect for them to win it last year....but its just mind-boggling that this years teams is SO much different than last year, yet we basically have the same line-up. Why was it SO important for us to keep this team together if they aren't going to play like it?

I don't need the Kings to win, but I do need them to show up. We know that this team can put in a hell of an effort...and they certainly shouldn't have to rely on Quick to keep them in it every night.
I think this sentiment is nearly universal.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
despite our team's and leaders' garbage play, we're in the WCF and I'm going to enjoy it. We're surely going ot see a team facelift next year so enjoy your last chance to see this current cup winner team in action.

I'm giving Kopitar a free pass because I think it's clear as ****ing day to anyone who is not listening to the games on the radio that he's injured to all hell. The others, I'm not so sure about, but Kopitar can hardly move and that's not a 'heart' issue.

Travtera

Apr 16, 2012
I'd agree that without production from Kopi our chances of advancing aren't great. But one thing about these play offs is that the Kings haven't quit on us and have found ways to win when it counts. Is this not only the third time in franchise history we've made it to the final four? I'm proud of these guys and am not quite ready to wave the white flag yet.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Where's the letter to Richards for his stupid giveaways in game 1, Doughty for blowing his coverage, Brown whose best offensive contribution was turning the puck over for an odd man rush, Muzzin for his defensive giveaways, and...

Hypocrites. The entire team, minus Quick, is struggling.

And by the way, WE aren't fighting for OUR playoff lives. WE are beer swilling fans. Let's not patronize the people who are actually playing.

Let's also not pretend that when it comes to the Kings' forwards that Kopitar has been consistently the most disappointing this season. It's been going on for 30 games.

Let's face it, the way they have been winning has been pretty anemic. Carter and Richards have disappeared for entire games in the playoffs as well.

Kopitar likely is injured. I hope he will stick around LA to rehab, and/or get in the physical condition required to play 100+ games in a season the way Stoll, Lewis, and Carter did last summer. I still don't think he has the stamina it takes to be consistently good night in and night out in the NHL.

Last edited:

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
Until the kings add more scoring depth to the line up, and the other lines show they can score. The teams the kings play will check Kopitar, Carter, Doughty, and Voynov and try to shut them down, because if you shut them down you have a good chance to beat this team. The only way to get more room for Kopitar do his thing offensively, is to add more skilled players to the everyday line up. Vey, Pearson, and Toffoli can do this but the kings will have to sacrifice some team defense to do that. King, Lewis, Stoll and Penner haven't showed they can score on a consistant basis. And Sutter has been putting Richards, and Kopitar against the other teams top two lines at even strength so that slows them down in the offensive zone.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Kopitar is definitely not a game changer right now. Has got to be an injury. There is simply no other explanation for it.

I'm not sure if King peaked out last year or what, but he's definitely not the same player. Nolan isn't either. It's like all the cosmic alignment happened at the right time in 2012. This team just looks spent this year. I think not having Mitchell has made a big difference, and obviously not getting the contributions from Kopitar and Brown.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
I think all the injuries before the season started for Kopi and Mitchell set the tone for the rest of the year!

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I'll predict knee or groin surgery after the season ends for Kopi. That said if he doesn't have anything wrong with him he has flat out sucked in the playoffs this year. I don't care what the excuses are that Kings fans seem to be OK with-you are getting paid to play #1 center and put up #1 center points. Handzus was more effective yesterday and the guy has feet made out of cement.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I'll predict knee or groin surgery after the season ends for Kopi. That said if he doesn't have anything wrong with him he has flat out sucked in the playoffs this year. I don't care what the excuses are that Kings fans seem to be OK with-you are getting paid to play #1 center and put up #1 center points. Handzus was more effective yesterday and the guy has feet made out of cement.

Thank you!

It's hard for me to believe that Kings fans who have watched him play his entire career can't tell that he's injured. Watch him when he tries to make his power move driving from the outside to the net. His weight is all on his left leg, and he should be driving hard with his right. Guess which knee he hurt at the beginning of the season? Guess how easy it is to re-aggravate a sprain in one your your joints? Yeah. Get better Kings fans. Pay attention!

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago

Thank you!

It's hard for me to believe that Kings fans who have watched him play his entire career can't tell that he's injured. Watch him when he tries to make his power move driving from the outside to the net. His weight is all on his left leg, and he should be driving hard with his right. Guess which knee he hurt at the beginning of the season? Guess how easy it is to re-aggravate a sprain in one your your joints? Yeah. Get better Kings fans. Pay attention!

i know he's hurt and out there battling. it makes it very difficult to watch a favorite player not be able to compete at the level you know he can, but is unable to. i'm not piling on him as a result. the guy could have been like a MLB player and hung it up for a sprain or chipped finger nail weeks or months ago.

offseason surgery will undoubtedly follow once the Kings are done. i am also hoping he stays in LA for the summer conditioning program with the team as well

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
i know he's hurt and out there battling. it makes it very difficult to watch a favorite player not be able to compete at the level you know he can, but is unable to. i'm not piling on him as a result. the guy could have been like a MLB player and hung it up for a sprain or chipped finger nail weeks or months ago.

offseason surgery will undoubtedly follow once the Kings are done. i am also hoping he stays in LA for the summer conditioning program with the team as well

Exactly. He's a hockey player and he's toughing it out. A partially healthy Kopitar is still a better option than most.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
Where's the letter to Richards for his stupid giveaways in game 1, Doughty for blowing his coverage, Brown whose best offensive contribution was turning the puck over for an odd man rush, Muzzin for his defensive giveaways, and...

And by the way, WE aren't fighting for OUR playoff lives. WE are beer swilling fans. Let's not patronize the people who are actually playing.

:handclap::nod:

Captain Mittens*

Dear Kings Pawn,

Please stop trying to bring us back to reality. A world without over reactive finger pointing is not the world we live in.

Only you can prevent Forest Fires,

Smokey Da Bear

Dooney

Jan 12, 2005
On the move

I agree 100% with you.

Asheru

Jun 28, 2011
Dear OP,

Ever wonder why Sutter isn't bashing Kopitar like you are? Instead, he's defended him.

He's a world class athlete much admired by his entire team. Something looks pretty wrong with him right now, because by every measure his play is different from what he normally can do.

As a fan, I give him my support rather than jumping to conclusions, especially after his great play led the Kings to a Cup. And I would encourage other fans to do the same.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Not ripping him. Very confident he's hurt and the memory of a playoffs lost to a broken ankle, even after winning the cup, is still fresh. So he's toughing it out and is still trying to play his 200 ft. game.

But Kopi's gone 91 straight games (including playoffs) without a PP goal and that's a problem.

Look, The Kings have no LWs worth a damn, which means they lack the scoring depth they need. I think about the deadline and I look at our favorable cap situation and I just wish DL could have brought in a scoring LWer to help us out. Maybe he didn't want to pay a steep price for one, I don't know, but if he was counting on offense from King, Penner & Richardson to improve, well....Nope. Even Brown is struggling on the Leftside now.

It's an organizational hole, but there is hope...The Dingo can play the left side and it's possible if we take a collection among all of us here, we may be able to acquire his services for Game #3 tonite. Go Go Dingo!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't expect the Kings to win the cup again, hell, I didn't expect for them to win it last year....but its just mind-boggling that this years teams is SO much different than last year, yet we basically have the same line-up. Why was it SO important for us to keep this team together if they aren't going to play like it?

It was the choice Lombardi made for the continuity of it. With a Cup in their back pocket, they tried an experiment. However they got here, they're in the Conference Finals for a 2nd consecutive season, which is unprecedented in Kings history. Is that because they kept last year's team together as much as they could? Is it not because of that? I don't know.

I think about the deadline and I look at our favorable cap situation and I just wish DL could have brought in a scoring LWer to help us out. Maybe he didn't want to pay a steep price for one, I don't know, but if he was counting on offense from King, Penner & Richardson to improve, well....Nope. Even Brown is struggling on the Leftside now.

Who? Whitney? Dallas didn't have to trade him since he's signed for next year, so you'll have to make them trade him. Glencross? NMC. How many LWers were even traded at the deadline?

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
Who? Whitney? Dallas didn't have to trade him since he's signed for next year, so you'll have to make them trade him. Glencross? NMC. How many LWers were even traded at the deadline?

I don't disagree, there weren't a lot of guys.. but, Sullivan & Prospal...both UFAs were probably available. Prospal in particular would have been a solid pick up. Or make a hockey trade for a guy that has years left on a team that has Cap Issues... See if you can get something done for Hartnell in PHI. And maybe he tried and the price was too high because LWers are tough to find... I'm not being overly critical, I just wish he could have gotten something done.

That's why again, it's crucial that The Dingo step in and give us the offense we need. He's very offensive!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That's why again, it's crucial that The Dingo step in and give us the offense we need. He's very offensive!

Can't deny that.

I don't disagree, there weren't a lot of guys.. but, Sullivan & Prospal...both UFAs were probably available. Prospal in particular would have been a solid pick up. Or make a hockey trade for a guy that has years left on a team that has Cap Issues... See if you can get something done for Hartnell in PHI. And maybe he tried and the price was too high because LWers are tough to find... I'm not being overly critical, I just wish he could have gotten something done.

Columbus was in the race until the last day though. Unless you're giving them something that was going to help them this year, why would they trade their leading scorer when they were on such a run?

Sullivan would've been the definition of doing something. If Kopitar and Brown were producing as they have been so far in the playoffs, I don't know if Steve Sullivan in 2013 is going to make much difference.

Hartnell is big, scores, hits, leads, and is signed. A deal probably starts with Toffoli. Or Voynov.

Sydor25

LA Kings

Kings don't have a 2013 first round pick. Makes dealine deals almost impossible for an impact forward.

Jeez, after one cup, Kings fans think that it is easy to repeat. :sarcasm:

Again, KOPITAR and BROWN are 30 points behind last year's playoffs. Nobody that the Kings could have acquired would have been able to replace that offense.

northernKing

Jul 15, 2004
Dear Anze,

Hope your surgery goes well after the playoffs and thanks for playing through the pain in the playoffs
PS- Thanks again for the Cup last year!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad