Kings Article: Dean Lombardi's Loyalty Problem

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I think it should be required to recite "2 cups 3 years" 4 times being complaining about our core, gm or coach. Similar to how you should masterbate before texting to an ex.

Ron*

I think it should be required to recite "2 cups 3 years" 4 times being complaining about our core, gm or coach. Similar to how you should masterbate before texting to an ex.

Post of the year, bar none.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Good lord, I want the brain cells I just lost (BACK) reading that garbage.

People who write stuff like this, no words... Have some freaking integrity for gods sake.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Glad I didn't click on the "clickbait" link that is an article calling for attention. Like the one trying to defend Roman Cechmanek as a good goalie.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I used to read Jewels from the Crown, but they've become so shrill about social justice, I finally gave up this year. It's not the content (I don't like racism and sexism either) so much as the tone and the need to identify and berate wrong-thinkers among their own readers. There's a way to expand the conversation and win people over to your way of thinking, and there's a way to affirm your righteousness in a way that doesn't.

Most of the time the articles have no comments so I'm assuming I'm not alone in my feelings and I'd hazard their traffic has dropped since when Quisp and then Niesy were the main writers.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
It truly is rare that someone can wright an article that everyone on this board disagrees with, even the crazies.... :laugh:

I'm with Ziggy, not wasting a click.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Gaborik is no discount he will 40 by the time his contract is up. He will get 34 million dollars over his contract. Pearson was an RFA with no leverage and was paid accordingly. Cillford and Nolan are paid fairly. Would they make more on the open market maybe but many players on many teams could also. I agree on Voynov but where is he now? As for Brown he has scored a total of 26 goals in the last two complete seasons. I do not think he has ever had a year that justifies the 7.25 million he was paid this year and again next year. Lombardi has done a fantastic job building a team but not such a good job dealing with the salary cap.

Brown actually got 9.25, w the signing bonus. And as long as Sutter's here with this system an he stays on the 3rd line and 2unit PP, he will remain a player who pots about 35 pts a year. Most of his past success was tied to playing with Kopitar both ES and on the PP. Withoutt that , his numbers will drop off significantly and the wear and tear on him due to the style he play is showing.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Brown needs to be scoring 15-25 goals and 20-30 assists.

The low end of that (15G and 20 A) is possible but not the high end, not on the 3rd line with limited (2nd unit_)PP. Not in Sutter's system, difficult to play in and Sutter identified that line as the shutdown line. The top 2 lines get the most ice time and are the lines he places scoring emphasis on with what he feels are the fastest players. He doesn't see Brown that way anymore. His 55 -60 pt days are gone, if nothing changes.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
This article reminds me of assignments where an instructor requires a student to take a side in a situation and to back it up with evidence. Usually they come up with a couple things, then with nothing for it they start trying to force things and it never ends up well. The section about luck in the draft is absolutely preposterous. The Kings have put together a fantastic group to evaluate talent. It isn't luck when other teams pass on guys, its that you've evaluated the potential of that particular player better than those teams in front of you.

As an aside, this article is exactly why I don't read too many blogs. It's getting harder and harder to find readable content on the web. Nothing against the efforts of those who write articles, but before publishing one should at least proofread and edit their work. Maybe I'm old school, but pieces that flow from section to section are far easier to read and get their points across better than piece similar to this where it seems that a bunch of short sentences are just crammed into paragraphs.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Ron brings it. Every day, every thread

You know, if you take everything he's ever posted in his entire life and condense it down into one thread, it looks decent.

George-Costanza-Point-Wink-On-Seinfeld_408x408.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad