Deadline: With a Vengeance (3PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
My favorite scene was when they had to solve the water bottle puzzle in the park. Classic.

die-hard-vengeance-laptop_zps8e4c9a2c.jpg

Anyway, this is the thread where we talk about the trade deadline!
Here's a handy tracker: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/trade-tracker

Thus far the only trade for the Wings has been Kindl (15% salary retained) to Florida for a 6th round pick, which took place Feb. 27th.

JU9dxm5h.jpg

Wait, I'm mixing up my Samuel L. Jackson movies. Oh well.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Vatenan and Eriksson are the only names left out there that have been speculated to be on the block that I would love. Hanzal and Trouba are interesting too.

If you make a trade Kenny, please no old farts..

Personally, I expect a bad trade lol. Like Tyutin or Gelinas.

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Helm and Pulkkinen traded for some help up front. Smith is officially on the TSN Trade Bait board at #21.

Bold move prediction : Pulkkinen, Smith + pick for Yakupov or put in a higher pick and get Trouba.
Safe move prediction : Helm + pick for Eller.
Ken Holland move : Bottom 6 player for a 4th rounder.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Helm and Pulkkinen traded for some help up front. Smith is officially on the TSN Trade Bait board at #21.

Bold move prediction : Pulkkinen, Smith + pick for Yakupov or put in a higher pick and get Trouba.
Safe move prediction : Helm + pick for Eller.
Ken Holland move : Bottom 6 player for a 4th rounder.

Eller would be meh. Might'as well sign Hudler again. :P

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Stand pat and do nothing (Maybe Smith or Pulks if the price is right) This is not the day to get what we truly need.

Draft day is where the really movement happens. Not today.

to be fair that isnt true

typically their is 1 maybe 2 trades at the draft usually 1 always involves the host team, furthermore has KH ever mad ea big impact trade at the draft?

KH will NOT do a thing in the summer outside free agency, he feels more pressure today to make that trade and so does every other GM

1 -2 draft day trades, 20-30 TDL trades

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
So what's the opinion of Mcginn here? Tough and rugged player that could really help out in a play off run, I guess it will come down to what the price is tbh but I would be happy if KH acquired him.

I could see him garnering a lot of interest that could lead to a bit of a bidding war though tbh. But for the right price I could see him being a solid pick up

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
So what's the opinion of Mcginn here? Tough and rugged player that could really help out in a play off run, I guess it will come down to what the price is tbh but I would be happy if KH acquired him.

I could see him garnering a lot of interest that could lead to a bit of a bidding war though tbh. But for the right price I could see him being a solid pick up

Rumours are that the price is a 2nd. Can't see Holland paying that much for a UFA this year. He would be a solid pickup for the bottom-6, though.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
My vote is sell. This team can't score in the regular season, just wait until the playoffs. Might as well get the rebuild done right by getting rid of players who either don't have a future here (Helm, Smith) or who are redundant (Nyquist or Tatar).

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Rumours are that the price is a 2nd. Can't see Holland paying that much for a UFA this year. He would be a solid pickup for the bottom-6, though.

Sheesh.

If McGinn costs a 2nd, I'm scared to see what the actually good players go for.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
I think Pulkkinen needs to go. Either today or at draft.

It's clear that Jurco took the spot available between them and it would be better for everyone if Pulks was traded out.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
So excited for today :yo::popcorn::jump::jump::scared:
Following the deadline from work, just glad I work for someone that used to be in the organization makes things a little more interesting lol.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I think Pulkkinen needs to go. Either today or at draft.

It's clear that Jurco took the spot available between them and it would be better for everyone if Pulks was traded out.

Problem is Jurco still hasn't shown any offensive ability. He's on pace over 82 games for a world burning 16 points. Pulkks got injured at a bad time and now Bash is channeling his inner Babcock by playing Helm on the top lines. It's not a surprise to anyone that hes not doing great playing net front or in a checking role. So unrustle your jimmies.

ginnungagap

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Pretty rare bird these days so it's pretty unlikely- but the only thing Detroit ought to pull the trigger on would be an actual hockey trade. So to throw the ultimate old-school deal out there...

If Chiarelli really has hit his breaking point and any of Edmonton's $6mil/year are available that's definitely got my attention. One of the few players I'd advocate backing the truck up and watching assets get dumped out on would be Taylor Hall. It would almost definitely require Howard going the other way to make the salaries work- which makes it even more unlikely (and expensive). That being said guys like Hall rarely become available at this point in their careers and in hindsight even top prospects rarely reach their ceiling. I'd personally be okay with almost any deal that resulted in Detroit icing Hall and Larkin going forward.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
Wings will stand pat today unless they can make a bold move. I do believe they should go after Lucic after the season ends. It's doubtful the Kings will be able to re-sign him. :yo:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
sell helm

sell smith

sell pulkinnen

gain extra draft picks

unless fo course we can make an actual hockey trade

no trading for 35 year old ufa's

no trading for bottom pairing dmen

no standing pat as that indicates we arent a good team but also indicates we dont plan or hope to make it better(through the draft and logic states the more picks the better odds)

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Stand pat at deadline, lose Frk and Sproul to waivers next season anyway. :laugh:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
probably an uneventful day for the Wings, which I'm fine with.

why?

are we a true contender which should be adding depth?

or

are we a barely make it in team, lots of ufa's and rfas to sign this summer and in need of cap space?

i dont understand the logic of standing pat unless its based on fear we will trade away good picks or prospects for over the hill bums

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Prices on rentals at the moment seem to be relatively lower than what I expected them to be. Granted, the larger pieces haven't fallen yet but seeing mostly later round draft picks and B-level prospects for veteran depth. Thought it would be much more skewed towards the sellers at this point but the market seems soft...

Every GM seems to be reiterating the same thing that they are very reluctant to move significant young pieces or high draft picks at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad